User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | [15] | 16 | 17 | 18 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User missinglink
(newbie) Tue 31-Oct-17 14:50:49
Print Post

Re: Speed increase?

[re: WilliamGrimsley] [link to this post]

Me too. I am on bt infinity 1. I have checked on MY BT and am still on infinity 1. I had not done a speed test for some time so was surprised on saturday evening when a speed test showed download speed in the low seventies and upload of 12 which is what I would expect if i was on infinity 2. Have done several tests since and all achieved infinity2 speeds. Last evening I noticed that the blue broadband light on the home hub 3 was not alight, however everything was working normally. Today still no broadband light. I did a hub reset, still no broadband light, I did a speed test immediately afterwards which gave DL 76 Up 16. Very strange, it appears that I have no connection, but that is giving infinity 2 speeds.
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 31-Oct-17 14:54:11
Print Post

[re: missinglink] [link to this post]

Perhaps the blue LED has broken?
Standard User missinglink
(newbie) Tue 31-Oct-17 15:05:26
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

Since posting blue light now alight . still getting infinity 2 speeds.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User eckiedoo
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 31-Oct-17 15:05:55
Print Post

Could it be that the circuitry to drive that LED, can not recognise BB VDSL signals at speeds significantly above the contracted Infinity 1 range?

I wonder if any others have noted similar with their corresponding LEDs.
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 01-Nov-17 08:48:04
Print Post

[re: eckiedoo] [link to this post]

Could be just a code bug - can't believe it is to do with higher speeds than Infinity 1 is expecting as the router is designed to handle 80/20 and beyond.
Standard User GorillaWheels
(member) Thu 02-Nov-17 17:00:48
Print Post

[re: GorillaWheels] [link to this post]

3 1/2 days ago it did another resync, the attenuation dropped by .2 to 17.8 and Iíve got about 1 additional Mbps down and and maybe 1/2 Mbps up. Now 57 Down 16.5 Up.

Dave in the Peopleís Republic of Cumbria
BTBroadband Infinity 1 with free Sept 2017 upgrade to 80 / 20
61.4 / 17.42 sync achieving approx. 57 down / 16.5 up
Standard User toe
(learned) Tue 14-Nov-17 12:12:07
Print Post

[re: GorillaWheels] [link to this post]

Tried chasing up the "free speed bump" today via web chat/help, as it has not been applied to my line yet (infinity1)

Only to be told that I could get it but needed to talk to retentions to get it! ?.

Not had the BT emails for the speed bump or line price increase.

Are there still a lot of people who have not had the speed bump yet when their connection can support a higher speed ?.
Standard User robertcrowther
(member) Tue 14-Nov-17 12:49:55
Print Post

[re: toe] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by toe:
Tried chasing up the "free speed bump" today via web chat/help, as it has not been applied to my line yet (infinity1)

Only to be told that I could get it but needed to talk to retentions to get it! ?.

Not had the BT emails for the speed bump or line price increase.

Are there still a lot of people who have not had the speed bump yet when their connection can support a higher speed ?.

I believe that the speed bumps won't be finished until the end of November, but would not be surprised if BT aren't behind on their schedule
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 14-Nov-17 13:12:42
Print Post

[re: robertcrowther] [link to this post]

And we know they are still selling as up to 55Mbps so presumably not all customers will get the speed increase - it may be there is some special criteria for who will get it and maybe not all existing customers will get a "boost".
Standard User Mark07
(regular) Tue 14-Nov-17 13:45:15
Print Post

Also been chasing this for a line that's still on the 55Mbps profile, cab is at the end of the street and attainable is 98 down, but when I chased it with BT they said the upgrade process is running until the end of November... Not holding my breath.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | [15] | 16 | 17 | 18 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to