User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | [16] | 17 | 18 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User toe
(learned) Tue 14-Nov-17 14:20:21
Print Post

Re: Speed increase?

[re: Mark07] [link to this post]

Mark, have you had any of the emails from BT, speed bump/price increase ?.

Are you still in the contract period or out of it, I'm still in contract for another 6 months, have had none of the emails.

Cheers
Standard User robertcrowther
(member) Tue 14-Nov-17 14:24:41
Print Post

[re: toe] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by toe:

Are you still in the contract period or out of it, I'm still in contract for another 6 months, have had none of the emails.

Cheers

You won't get any emails until it's your turn to have the speed bump
Standard User toe
(learned) Tue 14-Nov-17 14:28:46
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ian72:
And we know they are still selling as up to 55Mbps so presumably not all customers will get the speed increase - it may be there is some special criteria for who will get it and maybe not all existing customers will get a "boost".

Not sure how they will get away with that if that is the case. (special criteria)
Due to the info posted on their own website.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/56165...

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User toe
(learned) Tue 14-Nov-17 14:32:00
Print Post

[re: robertcrowther] [link to this post]

Robert, even the price increase email ?
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 14-Nov-17 14:37:47
Print Post

I think many people are missing the "We'll automatically upgrade customers whose lines can support the new speed" that is in your link and was in the original announcement as well.

There's a fair bet that anyone with a minimum connection speed estimate below some figure they haven't divulged won't get it.

Even looking at the highest estimate, I don't see them upgrading someone with a 57Mbps estimate for example. And almost certainly anyone sync'ing below 55Mbps won't get it. There would be no point.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 73724/12601Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User robertcrowther
(member) Tue 14-Nov-17 14:40:02
Print Post

I've always had price increase emails one month prior to the actual increase
Standard User Mark07
(regular) Tue 14-Nov-17 14:47:58
Print Post

In reply to a post by toe:

Cheers

No email, but BT CS have confirmed the line is eligible and *should* be included in the free upgrade although they can't confirm...

Out of contract period so if it's not done by the end of Nov I'll be calling up!

Also, line is estimated at 80/20 which the actual line stats agree with.
Standard User toe
(learned) Tue 14-Nov-17 15:07:44
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
I think many people are missing the "We'll automatically upgrade customers whose lines can support the new speed" that is in your link and was in the original announcement as well.

There's a fair bet that anyone with a minimum connection speed estimate below some figure they haven't divulged won't get it.

Even looking at the highest estimate, I don't see them upgrading someone with a 57Mbps estimate for example. And almost certainly anyone sync'ing below 55Mbps won't get it. There would be no point.

To be honest I see this as an utter shambles from them, all they seem to have managed to do is upset a good part of their customer base.

Infinity2 guys now paying more for the same service as infiny1 guys.
Infinity1 people have no idea if/when or if they will get the upgrade.

My line as far as BT go, on a good clean A range is a max of 49Mb

Yet my attainable shown in the router is 72500 with a rate of 54997

https://i.imgur.com/cP7JvPQl.jpg

I was a happy BT customer before all this..

As of now, letter of price increase= off to Vodafone80/20 @ £25 a month including rental.

Edit to add router stats!.

https://i.imgur.com/eZI3Uqeh.jpg

Edited by toe (Tue 14-Nov-17 15:31:31)

Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 14-Nov-17 15:23:55
Print Post

Hadn't seen that before. Does suggest all Infinity 1 users who can support higher speeds would get it. Interesting that not everyone has received the email but maybe that is just because it is a phased rollout that is still in progress.
Standard User Discus
(experienced) Tue 14-Nov-17 15:26:52
Print Post

I renewed my contract yesterday and was told I would not get the speed increase, even though my line will support 65 meg. They then told me my line was running as fast as it could, so not sure where the other 10 meg has gone since I left SSE? That said. the 53 meg I am running at now suits me smile

http://www.marksfish.me.uk - Personal fishkeeping website
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | [16] | 17 | 18 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to