User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | [17] | 18 | (show all)   Print Thread
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 14-Nov-17 15:47:09
Print Post

Re: Speed increase?

[re: Discus] [link to this post]

All depends on what the wholesale estimates are, which can sometimes be below what people actually get.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User toe
(learned) Tue 14-Nov-17 16:37:14
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Hmmm! does this make it official ?, had this forwarded to me from a mate.

when he followed the link. "keep your current broadband for the same price you pay today" !.

offer link

Very sneaky checkbox to Hook you in for another 18 months! and the price.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 14-Nov-17 18:24:08
Print Post

[re: toe] [link to this post]

How big do the words 18 month contract need to be?

Given others are pushing same speed at £25/m currently still a tough sell

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User bowdon
(committed) Tue 14-Nov-17 20:52:13
Print Post

[re: Mark07] [link to this post]

I'm on Infinity 2 and out of contract and I still got the extra cloud storage email they are giving to Infinity 2 people. So even if out of contract you still should be treated like your in contract it seems.

Demon => Freeserve => Pipex => Be => Sky => BT Infinity 2
Standard User bsg017
(newbie) Tue 14-Nov-17 22:07:19
Print Post

[re: toe] [link to this post]

I have had an e-mail reporting price increases for January and offering faster Wi-Fi if I renew the contract and am sent a new, free, BT Hub. Of more concern to me is that my BT Infinity 1 download speeds have become much more variable after recent work by BT Openreach to rectify an intermittent, and then total, failure of my landline telephone service (broadband service continued during that fault). Whereas I had been getting a little over 30Mbs pretty consistently, it has recently varied from 20 to 40Mbs! Will this be some sort of contention problem or is the BT Infinity 1 service being selectively downgraded if we do not offer to renew the contract (A deterioration of service is not really a good incentive to do so!)?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 14-Nov-17 22:25:54
Print Post

[re: bsg017] [link to this post]

Contention affects speed test results and not the connection speeds of the modem, so which of those two is varying?

Standard User bsg017
(newbie) Tue 14-Nov-17 22:34:23
Print Post

(Think Broadband) Speed test results are varying.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 14-Nov-17 22:47:46
Print Post

So if the connection speed is holding and tests varying then it may be contention. Contention usually starts to get worse from 5pm onwards and improves after midnight.

Standard User bsg017
(newbie) Tue 14-Nov-17 22:56:17
Print Post

(Mr Saffron,) You probably know how to access the Think Broadband speed test results for my recent tests (same username), and it sounds as if it may well be contention. I will have to ask BT when someone rings from them to encourage me to extend the contract.
Standard User bsg017
(newbie) Thu 16-Nov-17 21:08:59
Print Post

Another puzzle and food for thought.. Between 8.30pm and 9pm this evening I reran the Think Broadband speed test and went through the pre-check palaver and speed test offered by BT.
Think Broadband reported 26.5 Mbs, while BT reported about 52 Mbs to the BThub and suggested that that could be improved! I am using an Ethernet connection between hub and computer with an intervening Netgear switch.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | [17] | 18 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to