User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | [8] | 9 | 10 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Mon 02-Oct-17 19:50:07
Print Post

Re: Speed increase?

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Stuck IP Profiles are very rare FTTC services
I'm not talking about stuck profiles. I'm saying it's the best way to determine if you've been upgraded from capped Infinity 1 to uncapped Infinity 1.

I wouldn't mind them uncapping my connection LOL

Paul

BTBroadband - Infinity 4 310.95 Mbps (down), 29.37 Mbps (up) FVA
TBB Speedtest | Linksys WRT 3200 ACM (BQM)
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 02-Oct-17 22:19:20
Print Post

But the profiles will only reflect what you connection speed is, so if that is unchanged why would the IP Profile be different?

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Mon 02-Oct-17 22:27:44
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

The upstream IP Profile is either 10 or 20, not reflective of the upstream sync.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 03-Oct-17 00:21:38
Print Post

Or 2 on 18/2 or 40/2 of course smile.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 72313/12530Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User lee111s
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 03-Oct-17 08:11:01
Print Post

[re: MrGrumpy] [link to this post]

The upgrades are happening over the next couple of months.

Enjoy Virgin though!
Standard User falko89
(member) Tue 10-Oct-17 07:02:23
Print Post

[re: lee111s] [link to this post]

Can I just ask, I've just ordered to Infinity 1 will I be entitled to the upgrade?
Standard User GorillaWheels
(member) Wed 11-Oct-17 16:19:30
Print Post

[re: falko89] [link to this post]

falko89 it all depends on your distance from the fibre cabinet, your line length? It will only benefit those persons with a shorter line length that could sync higher than the previous Infinity 1 limit of 55 Mbps sync speed which gave up to a maximum downstream speed of 52 Mbps and 10 Mbps upstream.
To illustrate I was getting 51.5 Mbps from a full 55 Mbps sync speed. Now after the upgrade Iím getting around 56 Mbps downstream speed from a 60.2 Mbps sync. My upstream speed has increased from 9.6 Mbps on a 10 Mbps sync to around 16.2 Mbps on a 16.77 sync speed. So on my line an increase of approx 4.5 Mbps down and 6.5 Mbps up.

What speed were you quoted as attainable for your line when you ordered your Infinity 1, and what are current router stats?

Apologies to any of the experts on here if that is a clumsy explanation.

Dave

BT Infinity 1 with free Sept 2017 upgrade to 80 / 20
60.2 / 16.77 sync achieving approx. 56 down / 16 up
Standard User GorillaWheels
(member) Thu 12-Oct-17 16:58:55
Print Post

[re: GorillaWheels] [link to this post]

Finally had an official email from BT about the free speed increase and doubled cloud storage.
Just to say thanks

We're giving you two broadband boosts; faster broadband and more cloud storage. All on us.

With your speed boost of up to 76mb, you'll be able to enjoy even more of the entertainment you love at a faster speed.

On top of this we are also doubling your BT Cloud storage for free so you can now back up even more of your precious photos and videos online, and access it from anywhere with an internet connection.

There's no need to do anything; sit back, relax and we'll let you know when your boosts have been activated.

Dave

BT Infinity 1 with free Sept 2017 upgrade to 80 / 20
60.2 / 16.77 sync achieving approx. 56 down / 16 up
Standard User toe
(learned) Thu 12-Oct-17 18:26:48
Print Post

[re: GorillaWheels] [link to this post]

@ the guys who have had the speed bump...... anyone on a 3rd party router had the bump , or are you all on the BT home hub ?.
Standard User choppersrock
(regular) Thu 12-Oct-17 20:30:12
Print Post

[re: toe] [link to this post]

family member on hg612 plus asus router.

modem went from 55/10 all the way to 79/20 - huawei lower snr boosted it 3 times after the profile was changed for free.

Sky Fibre Pro - Zyxel vmg8324 (v14 bridge mode) + PFSENSE 2.4.0 with ipv6 - ECI cab, G.INP disabled as of 8th April 2016

http://www.mydslwebstats.co.uk user upload ID skyECI

Edited by choppersrock (Thu 12-Oct-17 21:31:12)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | [8] | 9 | 10 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to