User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User bowdon
(committed) Fri 06-Oct-17 11:48:07
Print Post

Who is on Infinity 2?

[link to this post]

Reading the recent news of a speed increase for people on Infinity 1, bringing them up to Infinity 2 speeds while still paying Infinity 1 prices. I wondered how many people here are on Infinity 2 and paying Infinity 2 prices?

I'm currently on Infinity 2 at 65Mb down / 20Mb up, paying Infinity 2 prices.

I noticed this post by AlanPot on the news article about the 'Free speed upgrades...' on the site;

After upgrading from Infinity 1 to Infinity 2 on the 14th July, I contacted BT with a view of reverting back to Infinity 1. At first they seemed sympathetic saying that they fully understood my frustration. However, after having spoken with several different departments, I was finally told in no uncertain manner that I was now tied contractually until the 14th of July 2018 and there was no possibility of a downgrade. Both of my neighbours have received the free upgrade, one a new BT customer from 23th September.

I haven't contacted BT yet as I was thinking that there might be some reduction of prices being announced soon. So far its not looking good. I would go so far as to say they are robbing people per month in this current situation.

Luckily for me I've been out of contract for a while so I can choose to re-contract at the best moment. But how many people on here are stuck in a contract?

I'm surprised there hasnt been more of an uproar to be honest.

Demon => Freeserve => Pipex => Be => Sky => BT Infinity 2
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 06-Oct-17 11:59:26
Print Post

Re: Who is on Infinity 2?

[re: bowdon] [link to this post]

I'm on Infinity 2 but I pay £33.49 for landline and broadband as I get a good discount last time they raised the prices (July?). I had considered downgrading to Infinity 1 earlier in the year but when I got that sort of discount it wasn't worth it. The discount means I have time to consider options with these new changes. Be interesting to see what BT do over the next 6 months as at present there is little reason for people to pay extra for Infinity 2 - have to imagine there must be something they have in the pipeline.
Standard User robertcrowther
(member) Fri 06-Oct-17 12:23:14
Print Post

From the link below it's possible that BT may offer Infinity 2 customers the option to move onto 160Mbps G.fast as the pricing is not much different between FTTC 80Mbps VDSL2 and the 160Mbps G.fast.

As BT is in the process of moving those customers who's Infinity 1 can take a higher speed (for no extra cost) it would seem fair for them to do the same for Inifinity 2 customer that can benefit from the extra speed boost.

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2017/09/bt-who...

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User gomezz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 06-Oct-17 13:23:34
Print Post

[re: robertcrowther] [link to this post]

I am on Infinity 1 and got the email about being boosted. BT speed test shows I can get full whack of 76Mbps but speed test on here shows I am still capped at the moment.

TBH 38Mbps is more than enough for what I need so my gruntle would be well and truly dissed if they asked me to pay more for a speed boost I do not actually need.

BT Infinity 1 (unlimited)
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Fri 06-Oct-17 13:29:12
Print Post

[re: gomezz] [link to this post]

Did you not get the free 55meg boost?
Standard User Nightglow
(member) Fri 06-Oct-17 13:40:38
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

On Infinity 2 here, been a week & we still have no news from BT what we will get, if anything, yet another BT mess.
Standard User gomezz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 06-Oct-17 20:48:17
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

Don't know owt about that.

BT Infinity 1 (unlimited)
Standard User J1NG
(regular) Sat 07-Oct-17 03:04:35
Print Post

"Re-Contracted" in late August/early September. Which is a real bummer.

I'm on 19999 and 76515. And paying £25 for Infinity 2 (took Line Rental in one go, so less for that)

But if I knew I could get my same speeds by paying even less, I'd have gone for it.

Right now, anything short of gfast (160/30 if not 330/30-50) at a heavily reduced rate is going to get me remain with BT in the future. Have not been impressed with the fact that gfast likely won't even turn up in next 12 months on my cabinet and right now I'm paying more than I should be for the remaining months on this contract just because of a "technicality". *blah!*

J1NG
Standard User Alnath
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 07-Oct-17 11:41:52
Print Post

Infinity 2 here but paying £33.49 including line rental until august 2018
  Print Thread

Jump to