User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Discus
(experienced) Mon 06-Nov-17 17:04:41
Print Post

Price increase again

[link to this post]

Having only re- contracted in August, I have had an email today about a price increase frown

Some of our prices are changing, and we've been making some improvements to your service

Hello,
We're writing to tell you that the price you pay for your BT services will be changing from 7 January 2018. We've put the changes in a simple table below for you.
We've been making improvements to your BT services to offer you more than ever before, and you can see more about these below. We're not stopping there, we've got some exciting new developments in the pipeline for 2018.

Prices are going up by £2.50 per month. Why can't these telcos keep a price for the contract period?

Mark

http://www.marksfish.me.uk - Personal fishkeeping website
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 06-Nov-17 18:04:21
Print Post

Re: Price increase again

[re: Discus] [link to this post]

Some do, some don't.

Its your choice to remain or not.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Mon 06-Nov-17 18:25:39
Print Post

In reply to a post by Discus:
Why can't these telcos keep a price for the contract period?

Probably because they want to appear fair to other customers not in contract!

Dum Di Dum Di Dum Di Dum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User _Resonance_
(member) Mon 06-Nov-17 19:10:09
Print Post

Not had the email yet. I let the last increase slide, but might take a look elsewhere this time.

BT Infinity 2
Standard User tthom
(committed) Mon 06-Nov-17 19:32:07
Print Post

[re: _Resonance_] [link to this post]

Not surprised to be honest.. Someone has to pay for the free speed boost for Infinity 1 customers

Broadband Providers Aoll/O2/Virgin Media(Cable)/BE/BT infinity/Talktalk/BT Infinity 60/11 Sync
[img]http://www.speedtest.net/result/3798886040.png[/img]
Standard User Michael_Chare
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 06-Nov-17 19:37:03
Print Post

In reply to a post by Discus:
Why can't these telcos keep a price for the contract period?
They get away with it because not enough customers leave them.

If you can find a better deal leave them!

Michael Chare
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Mon 06-Nov-17 19:48:12
Print Post

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/broadband/201...
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 06-Nov-17 21:47:31
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Landline call costs calls to other landlines (including 0870 & 0845 numbers) will increase from 12p/min to 13p/min; calls to mobiles will increase from 16p/min to 17p/min. The call set-up fee is rising from 21p/call to 22p/call.
Ye gods!

My landline with no call package is £13pm rental + £1pm Caller Display and free 1571. Calls in peak time are 1p per minute charged by the second (not rounded up) and off-peak (overnight) 0.8p per second. There is no call setup charge.

Unlimited landline calls on BT are going up to £9.50pm.

That's 950 minutes on my service. Nearly 16 hours. On top of the 500 minutes my lower rental gets me.

If people on Evening and Weekend make a weekday call it will cost them 22p before they start. That's 22 minutes I have in hand, never mind the 13 minutes I get for every one minute BT customers will get.

BT Consumer is horrendously ripping people off on landline prices, but now there is a whiff of a headwind from Ofcom about the rental costs, (more like a very light breeze), they are having to up this sort of thing. With no justification whatsoever that I can see.

Sky happily following along of course.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 73724/12601Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Mon 06-Nov-17 22:01:49
Print Post

Read your contract. It will tell you in there that a price increase will occur in January every year. So, they are keeping to their contract.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User MatHal
(newbie) Mon 06-Nov-17 22:59:47
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I love the way BT and the other rip-off telcos are allowed to charge for 'services' which cost them nothing, or next to nothing, to provide.
What is this 22p 'call set-up fee'?? Their phone exchanges are automatic so it costs absolutely NOTHING to connect a call, as evidenced by the fact that the caller is NOT charged this fee if the number does not answer!!
The list of these extortionate, entirely inappropriate and unnecessary fees is so long I'm not going to go into it (but caller display is another example).
It really is high time the government got Ofcom to sort this industry out.

Edited by MatHal (Mon 06-Nov-17 23:04:30)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to