User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User gomezz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 10-Nov-17 16:25:14
Print Post

Re: Price increase again

[re: 961a] [link to this post]

I think I will be dozing to TMS overnight then watching the extended highlights next day. I need to check the lag between TMS on DAB and BT Sport on Youview to see if dozing on the big settee in the living room is worth it. For Sky it is an ideal couple of seconds giving you time to look up and see the ball TMS have got excited about. For NowTV it is 25 seconds or so meaning you need to chase-play TMS 23 seconds behind live.

BT Infinity 1 (unlimited)
Standard User Michael_Chare
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 10-Nov-17 17:47:53
Print Post

[re: idmanager] [link to this post]

Plusnet is owned by BT but is a separate operation rather than a rebrand. Generally their backhaul arrangements are adequate and you don't have to speak to call centre in India. Plusnet run John Lewis broadband for them.

Michael Chare
Standard User alloneword
(member) Fri 10-Nov-17 23:17:22
Print Post

[re: michaelh] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by michaelh:
My wife and I will actually be in Adelaide whilst the Ashes are on there. I think we'll probably be the only English people in the city with no interest in cricket whatsoever.

Nope my Father lives in SA 5094 and he has no intrest in cricket either, so at least there will be another whinging pom around wink

All1

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User trolleybus
(experienced) Sat 11-Nov-17 06:46:32
Print Post

[re: MatHal] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MatHal:
I love the way BT and the other rip-off telcos are allowed to charge for 'services' which cost them nothing, or next to nothing, to provide.
What is this 22p 'call set-up fee'?? Their phone exchanges are automatic so it costs absolutely NOTHING to connect a call, as evidenced by the fact that the caller is NOT charged this fee if the number does not answer!!
The list of these extortionate, entirely inappropriate and unnecessary fees is so long I'm not going to go into it (but caller display is another example).
It really is high time the government got Ofcom to sort this industry out.

Call logs of my company show that it is increasingly rare for a domestic customer to call in on a fixed landline. And what is being used? Mobiles of course that don't have a setup fee.
Standard User alext05
(committed) Tue 14-Nov-17 15:49:43
Print Post

[re: Discus] [link to this post]

Anyone renegotiated any good deals?
Standard User Discus
(experienced) Tue 14-Nov-17 15:58:15
Print Post

[re: alext05] [link to this post]

Didn't get a good deal, but got to keep my same rate with extended privacy. Was going to VF, but the price wasn't much different (until they advertised their decrease for black Friday). That said, I was happy with the old price, so am okay about being able to keep it.

http://www.marksfish.me.uk - Personal fishkeeping website
Standard User michaelh
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 16-Nov-17 18:39:10
Print Post

[re: alloneword] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by alloneword:
In reply to a post by michaelh:
My wife and I will actually be in Adelaide whilst the Ashes are on there. I think we'll probably be the only English people in the city with no interest in cricket whatsoever.

Nope my Father lives in SA 5094 and he has no intrest in cricket either, so at least there will be another whinging pom around wink

All1

We shall not be whinging

Standard User _Resonance_
(member) Sun 19-Nov-17 13:16:37
Print Post

[re: trolleybus] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by trolleybus:
In reply to a post by MatHal:
I love the way BT and the other rip-off telcos are allowed to charge for 'services' which cost them nothing, or next to nothing, to provide.
What is this 22p 'call set-up fee'?? Their phone exchanges are automatic so it costs absolutely NOTHING to connect a call, as evidenced by the fact that the caller is NOT charged this fee if the number does not answer!!
The list of these extortionate, entirely inappropriate and unnecessary fees is so long I'm not going to go into it (but caller display is another example).
It really is high time the government got Ofcom to sort this industry out.

Call logs of my company show that it is increasingly rare for a domestic customer to call in on a fixed landline. And what is being used? Mobiles of course that don't have a setup fee.

Yes, I always use my mobile. Most landline companies have priced themselves out of the market as far as calls are concerned.

BT Infinity 2

Edited by _Resonance_ (Sun 19-Nov-17 13:17:12)

Standard User 69bertie
(member) Sun 19-Nov-17 16:10:09
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Sadly, despite the flyers that come through the letterbox, they don't do my area. I even contacted them and they confirmed what their online checker said. TT not available in my area. Would be nice if we had genuine competition.

Standard User mpellatt
(member) Sun 19-Nov-17 22:31:28
Print Post

[re: _Resonance_] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by _Resonance_:
Yes, I always use my mobile. Most landline companies have priced themselves out of the market as far as calls are concerned.

Except if you're in a spot where:
a) There's no mobile coverage
and
b) Broadband speed is so slow that if you want to use VoIP, you better make sure no-one's doing anything else on t'innernet in your house
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to