User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Sat 16-Dec-17 11:28:59
Print Post

Re: What happens if switchover occurs after cooling off peri

[re: Anch123] [link to this post]

That is ridiculous either you have a 14-day cancellation period or you don't.

I strongly suggest you email gavin.e.patterson@bt.com and or elc@bt.com and point out what a load of nonsense charging you for cancelling within the 14-day period is.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 16-Dec-17 11:52:10
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BatBoy:

I strongly suggest you email gavin.e.patterson@bt.com and or elc@bt.com and point out what a load of nonsense charging you for cancelling within the 14-day period is.
It's obviously ridiculous because there is an Ofcom-stipulated minimum time for a migration away to complete. Giving notice is all that can be needed inside the 14 days.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 74145/13476Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Sat 16-Dec-17 13:58:46
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
In reply to a post by BatBoy:

It's obviously ridiculous because there is an Ofcom-stipulated minimum time for a migration away to complete. Giving notice is all that can be needed inside the 14 days.

Is that 14 days from signing up to a new ISP or 14 days from when the new provider's service starts?
..... because there is an Ofcom-stipulated minimum time for a migration away to complete

Didn't know about that, thanks, so what is the minimum length time? smile

John Lewis Broadband

Edited by Apprentice (Sat 16-Dec-17 13:59:27)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Anch123
(newbie) Sat 16-Dec-17 14:00:55
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

On phone with them now. Fuming. Giving me the 14 day notice from order bull. The line was activated on day 14 !!!! How on earth is that consumer rights for the cooling period !!!!!!!!! There is now period, it's finished by time service starts. Now getting through to tech support....this will now take weeks for the usual bull to sort.
Standard User Anch123
(newbie) Sat 16-Dec-17 14:20:06
Print Post

Tech guy just told me that it SHOULD be 14 days after activation...i am within my rights ! Our problem is that the speed trickles once a day. Only way to resolve is to reset the router. Its then lightening fast again. Devices drop, sky tv connection dropped...all until you quickly reset the router. NOT doing that once a day. Had exactly same issue 2 years ago, though it would be different this time !! tech guy speaking to them now to convince them to cancel. It might be an immediate switch off...might be without BB for a week or 2 !!
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 16-Dec-17 17:30:24
Print Post

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Apprentice:
Didn't know about that, thanks, so what is the minimum length time? smile
Normally a fortnight. Plus any intervening Bank Holidays. In Ofcom speak, 10 working days, where working days are Mon-Fri 9am-5pm.

GC 22.30 (rr) “Transfer Period” means a period of 10 Working Days before a Customer’s order can be activated;
GC 22.30 (uu) “Working Day” means the hours between 09.00 – 17.00 on Monday to Friday, with the exception of Bank Holidays;

Ofcom General Conditions.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 74145/13476Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User MCM
(knowledge is power) Sat 16-Dec-17 18:26:56
Print Post

In reply to a post by Anch123:
Our problem is that the speed trickles once a day. Only way to resolve is to reset the router.
What router are you using? Is it the wireless that is dropping/freezing or the internet connection? What does the router log tell you when your system slows?
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to