As an update to this thread:
- I've spoken to 6 different people at BT about this now
- each person kept giving me a different answer as to whether my price would be going up or not
- they couldn't seem to send me the price rise email
From the latest guy at BT complaints:
- BT admitted that they never sent me an email, apparently their email system doesn't work very well
- they are in fact putting my price up, and have given me 5 days notice of this now (told me on 2nd Jan, price rise 7th Jan)
Can they legally increase my price with 5 days notice?
And can I report them to Ofcom?
My wife is an expert in consumer law. And she says no it's 30 days. You can still exercise your right to leave. Also they must give you 10 working days notice if they change the DD amount under the guarantee so you can do a clawback if you need to.