User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Mon 15-Jan-18 11:35:06
Print Post

Loads of Twitch buffering on Infinity 4

[link to this post]

Well I have noticed for over a year now loads of buffering and dropping of frames when trying to watch 720 and1080 Live and Recorded Streams on Twitch.

Its gets to a point where is starts to buffer every 10 or so seconds several times and then stops playing resulting in me giving up on watching the stream.

However I can watch several 4K Live and Recorded Stream at the same time on YouTube without any buffering at all.

The above several different 4K streams was tested right after when Twitch was buffering and died on me.

Watched for about 20 mins all fine on YouTube, I then stopped those and re-tried Twitch and still not working.

So I spoke to Twitch Support who say its my ISP throttling my connection to them and its not their network at fault and for me to contact my ISP, Twitch Support then closed the support ticket flagging the issue as resolved.

So I contacted BT to-do with this and what Twitch said and BT tells me that they are not throttling my connection to Twitch and that they don't throttle their connections and its probably an issue in the Twitch Network.

So they are both blaming each other, so I am wondering who is to blame.

Also do anyone else on Infinity 3 / 4 having issues with Twitch?

Paul

BTBroadband - Infinity 4 312.47 Mbps (down), 29.78 Mbps (up) FVA
TBB Speedtest | Ookla Speedtest | Linksys WRT 3200 ACM (BQM)
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 15-Jan-18 12:46:33
Print Post

Re: Loads of Twitch buffering on Infinity 4

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Enough people on various ISPs report twitch issues that something their end seems most likely

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User robertcrowther
(member) Mon 15-Jan-18 12:53:39
Print Post

Could be down to an issue with the connection between you and twitch's CDN. This has been an ongoing issue with streaming sites. It also means that it's unlikely to get fixed anytime soon as it doesn't effect everyone. You just have to pray that at some point you get routed using a different path.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Mon 15-Jan-18 13:20:04
Print Post

I've seen users complain of the same on Sky Forums. Not that it helps you a bunch.
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Mon 15-Jan-18 16:05:39
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Enough people on various ISPs report twitch issues that something their end seems most likely

Yeah, I thought that also, the strange thing is when I do a 1920x1080 @ 60fps Live Stream to Twitch I get no dropped frames and it works fine.

But then again I am streaming to their London Service, where as most of the Twitch Streams that I watch are streaming from the US, not too sure if that is the issue.

Paul

BTBroadband - Infinity 4 312.47 Mbps (down), 29.78 Mbps (up) FVA
TBB Speedtest | Ookla Speedtest | Linksys WRT 3200 ACM (BQM)
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 15-Jan-18 17:08:10
Print Post

If you know the name of the US server might be worth doing a trace route to it, likely something in the atlantic is the issue, i.e. capacity in the fibres under the water

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to