User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Alnath
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 30-Mar-18 10:53:18
Print Post

HH6 SG4B1000B540

[link to this post]

Appeared overnight no idea what it changes or even if it has been out a while.
Standard User bowdon
(committed) Sun 01-Apr-18 00:08:52
Print Post

Re: HH6 SG4B1000B540

[re: Alnath] [link to this post]

Did you find what this firmware is about?

I looked online but couldnt find any firmware of that reference name.

Demon => Freeserve => Pipex => Be => Sky => BT Infinity 2
Standard User Alnath
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 04-Apr-18 10:11:08
Print Post

[re: bowdon] [link to this post]

No, nothing which is partly why i posted it here if i am being honest.

Firmware version:
SG4B1000B540

Firmware updated:
29-Mar-2018

Board version:

Gui version:

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Wed 04-Apr-18 11:49:43
Print Post

[re: Alnath] [link to this post]

That's one of the reasons why I stopped using my SmartHub, all the updates never fixed any of the issues I was getting and there was no place to report them to, I tried @BTCare on Twitter, I even phoned BT's FTTP Support team, still no fixes.

Now I use a Linksys WRT 3200 ACM Router and have no issues and if I do I know where to report them to.

Paul

BTBroadband - Infinity 4 312.27 Mbps (down), 30.5 Mbps (up) FVA
TBB Speedtest IPv4 | TBB Speedtest IPv6 | Ookla Speedtest | Linksys WRT 3200 ACM (BQM)
Standard User ironnapper
(committed) Wed 25-Apr-18 11:18:25
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by PaulKirby:
That's one of the reasons why I stopped using my SmartHub, all the updates never fixed any of the issues I was getting and there was no place to report them to, I tried @BTCare on Twitter, I even phoned BT's FTTP Support team, still no fixes.

Now I use a Linksys WRT 3200 ACM Router and have no issues and if I do I know where to report them to.

Paul

What issues were you getting?
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Wed 25-Apr-18 12:33:48
Print Post

[re: ironnapper] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ironnapper:
What issues were you getting?

Very bad Wi-Fi, very sluggish GUI, no IPv6, no place to report bugs / issues to, too locked down, basically loads of reasons why I stopped using the Smart Hub.

Sadly I am very limited to what router I can use due to their throughput between the WAN and LAN Ports.

The only issue that I have with this router is it suffers with buffer bloat on the upload.
But I could install a custom WRT firmware which would fix that, just not been bothered to do that yet.

Paul

TBB Speedtest IPv4 | TBB Speedtest IPv6 | Ookla Speedtest | Linksys WRT 3200 ACM (BQM)
Standard User robertcrowther
(committed) Wed 25-Apr-18 13:06:04
Print Post

Not had any issues with the wifi on the Smarthub and got IPv6 without any issues either. My only issues are that it takes an age to boot and gain access to the GUI
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Wed 25-Apr-18 13:36:11
Print Post

[re: robertcrowther] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by robertcrowther:
Not had any issues with the wifi on the Smarthub and got IPv6 without any issues either. My only issues are that it takes an age to boot and gain access to the GUI

Yes it takes ages to boot and access the Web GUI.

My Fritz!Box 4040 was very fast booting, sadly it had issues with BQM so I got current Linksys Router.

Paul

Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 25-Apr-18 13:59:42
Print Post

Worth pointing out in case anyone hasn't realised that you have a FTTP service which I seem to remember is running at 300Mb? That could see completely different results from using a router than those of us who have standard FTTC connections. The HH6 has worked flawlessly for me but my connection is around 50/14 so not going to be pushing the capabilities of the hardware/wifi.
Standard User MCM
(knowledge is power) Wed 25-Apr-18 16:58:11
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

No problems here either with Wi-Fi or ipv6 although am having to use a third party DNS server for ip6 on attached devices as BT still doesn't seem to offer one. Or rather the SH6 reports "Not available".

Previously I was using a TP-Link VR2600 but switched back to the SH6 as I was unable at that time to configure ip6 on the 2600. Perhaps I should try again as that was some months ago. Advice from anyone using a VR2600 on BT with ip6 most welcome (either PM or here).

Still on B522 here. Last updated 16 Jan 2018.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to