User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Wed 25-Apr-18 17:22:59
Print Post

Re: HH6 SG4B1000B540

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ian72:
Worth pointing out in case anyone hasn't realised that you have a FTTP service which I seem to remember is running at 300Mb? That could see completely different results from using a router than those of us who have standard FTTC connections. The HH6 has worked flawlessly for me but my connection is around 50/14 so not going to be pushing the capabilities of the hardware/wifi.

Yup and soon to be 330:50 some time tomorrow, the Fritz!Box 4040 is suppose to be able to handle my connections speed according to AVM when I spoke to them, which it did fine, the issues with the BQM was the fact the FritzBox thought it was an ICMP Ping attack so it blocked it, so AVM says.

Don't get me wrong the Smart Hub was better than any ISP supplied router that we have been given.
So I cannot fault that, I think it was just pushing it hard on our connection that's all, along with all the issues I was having.

I had to on many occasions reboot the smart hub due to the GUI had become that sluggish to appoint it was in usable and when that happened our connection became bad.

The current Linksys Router is very responsive even when the connection is being hammered.

I always say to BT when they ask if I have the Smart Hub, I respond with "Yes I have, but I am not using it" their response is why, where I respond with "If Ryan Reynolds came to my home with his Tablet, he would get half way down my hallway and then though his dam Tablet yelling where is the Wi-Fi" which is when I hear a chuckle over the phone.

As for the boot up to connected state (i.e. router) the Fritz!Box wins, then the Linksys and the Smart Hub in last place.

I will keep the Smart Hub as a backup router in case the other two die.

Paul

BTBroadband - Ultrafast 2 330 Mbps (down), 50 Mbps (up) FVA
TBB Speedtest IPv4 | TBB Speedtest IPv6 | Ookla Speedtest | Linksys WRT 3200 ACM (BQM)
Standard User bowdon
(committed) Sat 26-May-18 19:15:39
Print Post

[re: Alnath] [link to this post]

Ok this firmware just dropped for me today.

Still not sure what it does.

I wish these companies would make proper patch/firmware notes, or any notes at all.

Demon => Freeserve => Pipex => Be => Sky => BT Infinity 2
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Sun 27-May-18 07:37:03
Print Post

[re: MCM] [link to this post]

Never had a problem with my HH6 too, I am currently between US and UK and I leave the HH6 enabled with a VPN VMware server behind it, whenever I'm in the US I can VPN out to the UK line and catch up on UK TV or access my UK banking without raising suspicion.

Point is, it never lets me down and I don't have to worry about it ever crashing from abroad.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to