User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User derekdel
(committed) Tue 03-Apr-18 08:31:44
Print Post

Re: line problem

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

I know, Mk3 was the latest at the time smile
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Tue 03-Apr-18 14:01:17
Print Post

[re: derekdel] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by derekdel:
I know, Mk3 was the latest at the time smile

They were, that's what I had fitted downstairs on the main connection and also on the second line which is now disconnected.

The main connection now only has the NTE5A + the Phone faceplate and the copper line terminated in the BT80 and the phone line from the ONT is now connected to the NTE5A Socket.

TBH I prefer the the NTE5A with the MK3 DSL and Phone face plates which are screwed into place.

The new Master Socket 5C only had the back main faceplate screwed to the back box.
The DSL and Phone are combined together on the MK4 faceplate which just clips on, and is easaly knocked off if hoovering etc.

I have one sitting on my desk in front of me, not eactly nice look tbh, but neither was the old one.

Paul

BTBroadband - Infinity 4 312.27 Mbps (down), 30.5 Mbps (up) FVA
TBB Speedtest IPv4 | TBB Speedtest IPv6 | Ookla Speedtest | Linksys WRT 3200 ACM (BQM)
Standard User derekdel
(committed) Tue 03-Apr-18 22:33:38
Print Post

I always thought the clip on idea was pretty poor and I wonder how many will get broken in due time.

Tonight’s latest offerings... 2 lines different providers same exchange cabinet.

My Broadband Speed Test
My Broadband Speed Test

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Wed 04-Apr-18 09:10:37
Print Post

I always thought the clip on idea was pretty poor and I wonder how many will get broken in due time.

Well I am not a fan of them, as for them breaking, its possible, but more likely to pop off first.

I got out my hot air tool and heated up the one on my desk to slightly soften the plastic on the side to persuade it out a little and then let it cool and harden back up.

Now mine is more firm but still able to be removed when the sides are pushed in.

Tonight’s latest offerings... 2 lines different providers same exchange cabinet.

My Broadband Speed Test
My Broadband Speed Test

Ouch, I know our two copper lines here when we had ADSL2+ on both of them, our main line was with Zen and got 6.5Mbps (no errors or dissconnects) and the second line was with BE at 6.8Mbps (had a few issues, but was stableish) then BE was brought by Sky which resulted in our speeds dropping to an unstable 5 to 6Mbps.

Then my brother moved out and took his Zen connection with him so we got BT put on our main connection, sadly BT would only give us between 4 and 5Mbps even though the line could handle 5.5 to 6.5Mbps.

TBH, we could never go back to ADSL2+ speeds tongue

Paul

TBB Speedtest IPv4 | TBB Speedtest IPv6 | Ookla Speedtest | Linksys WRT 3200 ACM (BQM)
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 04-Apr-18 10:56:39
Print Post

‘Hot air tool’ ...... pronounced ‘hair dryer’ I believe Paul winkgrinlaugh

Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Wed 04-Apr-18 11:51:01
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Zarjaz:
‘Hot air tool’ ...... pronounced ‘hair dryer’ I believe Paul winkgrinlaugh

LOL, no it was my SMD Work Station, my Pink Hair Dryer didn't get hot enough tongue

Paul

Edited by PaulKirby (Wed 04-Apr-18 23:07:13)

Standard User derekdel
(committed) Wed 04-Apr-18 22:17:07
Print Post

Engineer was out today as as I thought zero problems with the physical line, either of them!

I am still getting random fluctuations of speed at various times tonight.

Neither connection will allow me to complete a full TAP3 on the first test attempt, I get the following:
The Performance Tester is disabled to support TAP3 for your broadband connection. Please try again shortly, however if this problem persists, raise the issue with your service provider.

https://imgur.com/a/ODiLM

Its hacking me off now, its not degraded sufficiently to flag a ‘serious’ fault as they say but I am the one paying for the blinking service when its buffering all over the place.

Same thing happened the last time, I don’t want to say the C word [clean]
Standard User derekdel
(committed) Tue 10-Apr-18 23:06:45
Print Post

Tonight’s latest offering and still there isnt a problem.......

If I have a blue light on my hub it must be working or I am uploading too much, pathetic at best.
Heard it all before countless times, nearly word for word!
It is the C word unfortunately frown

My Broadband Speed Test
My Broadband Speed Test

The below graph is getting worse on a daily basis, it will get to a point that the packet loss in red will merge with the green latency and I will be back on dial up speeds.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/...

Standard User jdigz7
(regular) Wed 11-Apr-18 00:25:22
Print Post

Tonight’s latest offering and still there isnt a problem.......

If I have a blue light on my hub it must be working or I am uploading too much, pathetic at best.
Heard it all before countless times, nearly word for word!
It is the C word unfortunately frown

My Broadband Speed Test
My Broadband Speed Test

The below graph is getting worse on a daily basis, it will get to a point that the packet loss in red will merge with the green latency and I will be back on dial up speeds.

Maybe try writing to the CEO office. BT Backhaul on your cabinet is probably congested.

Who is the other provider of the second line? possibly a move to a provider like Sky who runs their own backhaul or one that uses the talk talk business backhaul might solve your issue.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to