User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User corsa57
(regular) Thu 10-May-18 08:38:36
Print Post

FTTP

[link to this post]

When I use the BT Broadband Availability Checker it states that FTTP is available on Demand, however when I go to the BT website and log in to my account and try to upgrade from Infinity 2 to FTTP it says it's not available yet.
Which system is liable to be correct?
Standard User Realalemadrid
(member) Thu 10-May-18 08:58:17
Print Post

Re: FTTP

[re: corsa57] [link to this post]

FTTP on Demand is a completely different product to standard WBC FTTP that BT customers would be able to order. FTTPoD is only offered by a few ISPs and is extremely expensive and aimed at business customers. There are threads on this forum discussing the crazy prices of over £30000 for installation. So it may be available but beyond the budget of most of us.
Standard User corsa57
(regular) Thu 10-May-18 09:41:26
Print Post

[re: Realalemadrid] [link to this post]

The checker also states as available WBC FTTP as Available. So thank you Realalemadrid as I did not know there was a difference between the two, so my original question still stands if anyone has an answer.

Edited by corsa57 (Thu 10-May-18 09:42:13)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Realalemadrid
(member) Thu 10-May-18 09:58:00
Print Post

[re: corsa57] [link to this post]

The checker can be a bit misleading. You need to check that WBC FTTP is shown in the left hand column "Featured Products" not in the "WBC FTTP Availability Date" column which in most cases is referring to FTTP on Demand only.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 10-May-18 10:17:00
Print Post

[re: Realalemadrid] [link to this post]

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/guides/fibre-fttc-ftt...

A common thing, so there is a question about it with screen shots showing the difference

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User corsa57
(regular) Thu 10-May-18 10:39:02
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks for the info. Mr Saffron and Realalemadrid

BT seem to make everything a clear as mud.
  Print Thread

Jump to