User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Pipexer
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 20-May-18 23:47:30
Print Post

Re: Sync speed dropped from 79,999 to 73,999

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Oops. Yeah I meant VDSL2. I do know the difference, promise! wink VDSL2 history at this house was with Zen, then AAISP, and then moved to BT broadband.

I have a separate line with AAISP at another place hence posting about that then.

Also I don't think it is your brain, I think a forum quirk -- when looking at my previous posts I couldn't find my old post either, I had to search for "79999" to find it (as I could remember I had used the same topic). I've gone back and checked again and it is not showing in my post history on the page it should do - interesting eh?

ZeN Fibre Unlimited 2
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 21-May-18 08:44:29
Print Post

[re: Pipexer] [link to this post]

As others have said, it looks capped due to some past issue .....

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 21-May-18 09:40:01
Print Post

Getting DLM reset seems to be very hard, even though AIUI Openreach now allow up to 1000 requests (in total across all ISPs) per day by ISPs who choose to use the facility. I gather few do so choose. Or even if they do, first-line support either wonít know or donít have the authority.

On the other hand I was told by a reliable person at an ISP that changing the underlying supplier, eg BT Wholesale to TalkTalk Business or Sky will cause it. In which case a move to uno or Pulse8broadband on TTB might work. But I would advise checking first if you consider doing that. I think uno now supply TTB on SMPF, whereas Pulse8 is MPF.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 68940/13151Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6

Edited by RobertoS (Mon 21-May-18 09:41:05)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User lelboy
(committed) Mon 21-May-18 12:07:11
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I suppose it depends, Andrew, whether you're using a bulldozer, a bucket or a teaspoonsmile
Cheers, Les.
Standard User Ixel
(committed) Mon 21-May-18 12:24:22
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Yeah, it depends who you speak to (if they are aware of the DLM reset procedure, well, trial). Not all ISP's are participating in it I believe. It wasn't until recently that TalkTalk Business had the facility to request a DLM reset for FTTC services.

Changing backhaul will cause a DLM reset, as well as changing package speed usually does too.
Standard User Pipexer
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 22-May-18 18:05:02
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Zarjaz:
As others have said, it looks capped due to some past issue .....

Thanks for all the replies. Appreciate it as at least I can now push the issue with BT Broadband support.

Might attempt the battle next week - will report in how it goes!!

ZeN Fibre Unlimited 2
Standard User Ixel
(committed) Tue 22-May-18 18:17:52
Print Post

Good luck. I think BT Retail are part of the DLM reset trial, but even if they are it's more a question of whether you get through to someone who's willing to help and/or is aware of the procedure. Fingers crossed.
Standard User Pipexer
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 22-May-18 19:47:36
Print Post

OK attempt 1 - logged onto the web chat. Wasted about 5 minutes saying "hello", "How are you", etc etc. Then supposedly the account is under a different name (funny that since I PAY THE BILLS) - they wanted some additional information about the account so I refused as the questions were unusual.

Ironically last year I asked them to merge all the account details into one to avoid this sort of issue (I have BT mobile which is under the same login but has a different account number for some bizzare reason).

I will try again tomorrow!

ZeN Fibre Unlimited 2

Edited by Pipexer (Tue 22-May-18 19:55:30)

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Sat 02-Jun-18 05:20:55
Print Post

looks like you been banded.

The two times I have been banded I observed this exact behaviour.

I was synced at under 5db SNRM. (6db target)
I breached DLM ES threshold.

This triggered banding instead of interleaving.

The first occasion was not automatically recovered but was recovered when openreach reset my line (wont say how I got this done).
The second occasion it recovered automatically by DLM, when it recovered I had a lot of spare SNRM (very high attainable), was over 9db for over a week.

Conclusion is I agree with Ixel that SNRM plays a part in some banding decisions by DLM.

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4 BQM - IPv6

Edited by Chrysalis (Sat 02-Jun-18 05:24:45)

Standard User Pipexer
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 04-Jun-18 20:15:42
Print Post

Just a quick update - support fobbed me off a 2nd time, and I noticed that my 18 month contract finished and since March the bill has almost doubled.

For the past few days I've been unable to open my bill on the website or view tarrifs due to an error message that comes up on the website.

Tried to call them but was on hold for 10 minutes and gave up - So decided to move to TalkTalk - cheaper and less hassle!!

ZeN Fibre Unlimited 2
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to