User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 04-Jun-18 20:50:52
Print Post

Re: Sync speed dropped from 79,999 to 73,999

[re: Pipexer] [link to this post]

Tried to call them but was on hold for 10 minutes and gave up - So decided to move to TalkTalk - cheaper and less hassle!!

Frying pans and fires spring to my mind ... hope it works out for you.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 04-Jun-18 21:06:16
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

At least it should clear the banding. What happens (months) after that I'm sure the OP will let us know smile.

Let's face it, if you don't have line problems, and most don't, then you don't need CS. So deficiencies in those aren't known about.

That leaves throughput at peak times, where the niche ISPs such as Zen and IDNet have recently had localised difficulties. The big ISPs these days seem largely to have that covered.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 70370/12780Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User Pipexer
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 07-Jun-18 21:31:46
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Zarjaz:
Tried to call them but was on hold for 10 minutes and gave up - So decided to move to TalkTalk - cheaper and less hassle!!

Frying pans and fires spring to my mind ... hope it works out for you.

It might well be, at the end of the day though all BT support needed to do was reset my profile, not a particularly difficult task and it's not an unreasonable request. Instead I get various fobbing off and an account that can't be managed properly online.

The bill has also gone sky high now due to end of 18 month term - so something needed doing with that.

ZeN Fibre Unlimited 2

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Pipexer
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 09-Jun-18 09:57:33
Print Post

So had the usual call from BT today. They can more than halve my bill on exactly the same package - which is good, but I pointed out to them about the speed issue. Retentions were unable to assist with this and gave me the phone number for support.

After 20 minutes of back and forth with the support engineer they wanted to book an engineer to come out, which as yourselves have said is not appropriate and I can't accomodate this anyway due to being at work all week, I asked about a DLM reset but they said because my speed was within acceptable parameters that they wouldn't do this for me.

So that answers that one then - off to TalkTalk!

Overall I've been quite happy with the connection, it is a shame that their support is ineffective and that is why they are losing a customer, not that it really makes much difference in the grand scheme for them I admit.

ZeN Fibre Unlimited 2
Standard User Dean007
(newbie) Sun 10-Jun-18 12:50:02
Print Post

Hi Piper,

You seem to be having a few issues, that are easily resolvable such as making sure the accounts are merged. In regards to a DLM reset in most instances it would require an engineer visit as this is the way BT retail still do it.

If you want the issue resolved, you have to give them the opportunity to resolve it in the form of an engineer visit as thats the only way at the moment you will get a reset as its above the hand back/ guaranteed minimum speed. If you post over on the BT community someone could look at your account in more detail get the accounts merged if they have not been already and then maybe get someone to look at the speeds but still would not do a manual reset Im afraid.
Standard User Pipexer
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 10-Jun-18 13:14:15
Print Post

[re: Dean007] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Dean007:
Hi Piper,

You seem to be having a few issues, that are easily resolvable such as making sure the accounts are merged.

Overall the performance/reliability of the broadband has been fine, I've definitely not had a lot of problems. I asked about merging the accounts in the past but they said the only way they could do this was to cancel my entire service and re-create it under a same account. Not really worth the hassle..
In regards to a DLM reset in most instances it would require an engineer visit as this is the way BT retail still do it.

More fool them - that would be a complete waste of time and may result in me being charged for an unneccessary engineer visit, why should I have to have that burden/risk put on me due to a bad process at BT!

If you want the issue resolved, you have to give them the opportunity to resolve it in the form of an engineer visit as thats the only way at the moment you will get a reset as its above the hand back/ guaranteed minimum speed. If you post over on the BT community someone could look at your account in more detail get the accounts merged if they have not been already and then maybe get someone to look at the speeds but still would not do a manual reset Im afraid.

I shouldn't have to create accounts on forums and kick up a fuss in order for them to do their job properly, that is their problem. Arranging an engineer visit, even if they didn't charge me for a wasted visit, would still cost me quite a bit of money as it would require a day off work etc which I wouldn't get paid for. It's not worth it for 6Mbps (or so).

At the end of the day it really isn't a high enough priority for me, I've already "put up with it" for an entire year and the recent experience with support explains why - i.e. they just waste your time on the phone only to tell you they can't do much about it.

Meanwhile switching to talk talk required no more than 30 minutes in total and then it will probably all get resolved on its own accord. Clearly the better solution.

I have 5 mobile SIMs with BT too and since I'll lose my £5/mo discount I've decided to switch them all to o2 as well. So overall they've lost quite a lot of my money.

ZeN Fibre Unlimited 2

Edited by Pipexer (Sun 10-Jun-18 13:17:16)

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Fri 15-Jun-18 19:49:46
Print Post

Well it seems you are a discount chaser, you may not have even been profitable for BT, let us know how things go with bargain basement talktalk. smile

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4 BQM - IPv6
Standard User Pipexer
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 16-Jun-18 15:35:08
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Chrysalis:
Well it seems you are a discount chaser, you may not have even been profitable for BT, let us know how things go with bargain basement talktalk. smile

Not really my other broadband is with AAISP, so I'm far from a discount chaser. I'm very sure BT have made money from me!

ZeN Fibre Unlimited 2
Standard User partial
(experienced) Sat 16-Jun-18 21:55:56
Print Post

I'm sure BT have made a few quid out of you.

I don't think any of the mass market providers will be able to offer you the bespoke support you are looking for. Even AAISP would only offer their 'unique' style of support in their working hours.

I'm sure that in general TalkTalk, like BT, will be fine
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to