User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Zurdo
(regular) Tue 29-May-18 10:26:08
Print Post

No chance of upgrade?

[link to this post]

My bother in law is on BT broadband basic up to 10 mbs and I persuaded him that fibre is much better etc. We rang customer services to query a price on fibre only to be told there was no vacant slots on our exchange (Hornsea) The website says itís available so whatís going on? Do BT not want customers to upgrade?. He still has a year to run on his contract.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 29-May-18 10:29:33
Print Post

Re: No chance of upgrade?

[re: Zurdo] [link to this post]

If on cabinet 4 then it is the case that a capacity limit has been temporarily reached, i.e. it is less about the exchange and more about the cabinet they are connected to

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User robertcrowther
(committed) Tue 29-May-18 10:41:14
Print Post

If I remember correctly, you can't upgrade to fibre when you are on the BT Basic system. In order to upgrade, firstly you need to upgrade to a full BT service.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Zurdo
(regular) Tue 29-May-18 10:48:53
Print Post

Thanks for the replies. My brother in law seems happy with his speed etc. so Iíll keep out of it! Heís not very computer savvy and as in my misprint heís more of a BOTHER in law. : -)
  Print Thread

Jump to