User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User wolvesmad
(knowledge is power) Wed 11-Jul-18 10:53:45
Print Post

BT Sport

[link to this post]

Iím looking at ordering Infinty 2 in the next couple of days.

Is BT Sport no longer free for a period on Infinity? Secondly how do you get BT Sport 4K?

-

TalkTalk FTTC 72|20Mb
Standard User gomezz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 11-Jul-18 12:57:15
Print Post

Re: BT Sport

[re: wolvesmad] [link to this post]

I suggest going through the ordering processing looking out for the option to add BT Sport and 4K and see how the charges break down before you do the final commit.

BT Infinity 1 (unlimited)
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 11-Jul-18 13:54:38
Print Post

[re: gomezz] [link to this post]

Pretty sure it would need a BT Infinity connection that runs faster than 45Mb/s, BT TV Ultra HD plus BT Sport add on. There is also an up front charge for the BT Youview box that has to be taken into account.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User gomezz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 11-Jul-18 15:59:48
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

No Youview box needed if planning on using BT Sport via the app or the browser. The main problems with only having access that way though is lack of recordability and the difficulty of avoiding spoilers when wanting to watch some sports coverage on catch up.

The interface was obviously designed by someone who is not actually interested in sport and doesn't understand the problem despite having it explained to them over and over. That is why I prefer to record using a Youview PVR.

BT Infinity 1 (unlimited)
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 11-Jul-18 16:10:57
Print Post

Is 4K available via the app/browser? I understood they only provided 4K through BT TV?

EDIT: Looking at the BT site it seems pretty clear that Sport 4K is only available through BT TV - see here. If 4K is not required then it doesn't need the BT TV box but for 4K it is the only way.

Edited by ian72 (Wed 11-Jul-18 16:13:08)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 11-Jul-18 22:43:19
Print Post

4k only through the BT TV box, or now Virgin Media V6 boxes

App/browser the best is HD

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Michael_Chare
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 11-Jul-18 23:59:07
Print Post

In reply to a post by ian72:
Pretty sure it would need a BT Infinity connection that runs faster than 45Mb/s, BT TV Ultra HD plus BT Sport add on. There is also an up front charge for the BT Youview box that has to be taken into account.
I could run Netflix 4K on a 38Mbps Vodafone broadband service without buffering.

Michael Chare
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Thu 12-Jul-18 05:35:25
Print Post

[re: Michael_Chare] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Michael_Chare:
In reply to a post by ian72:
I could run Netflix 4K on a 38Mbps Vodafone broadband service without buffering.
BT TV Live streaming and Netflix, very different animals. Netflix can be highly compressed, a Live Stream cannot be without introducing unacceptable delays.
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 12-Jul-18 09:46:45
Print Post

[re: Michael_Chare] [link to this post]

When I tried to sign up they wouldn't sell it to anyone on less than 45Mb/s whether it would work or not. They may have changed that but that was how they did it when it first launched (I had a 48Mb/s sync and still they wouldn't let me have 4K).
Standard User wolvesmad
(knowledge is power) Thu 12-Jul-18 20:25:32
Print Post

I canít see any option to order 4K Sport even though my speed estimate is 68-80mb.

-

TalkTalk FTTC 72|20Mb
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to