User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Vipermk2
(newbie) Tue 07-Aug-18 18:54:42
Print Post

Moving from BT to Zen

[link to this post]

I've been with BT Infinity 2 for about 8 years now and had no trouble with the connection whatsoever, my speeds are as good as they can get as I'm only about 50m from the cabinet.

I'm starting to wonder if moving to Zen Internet might be better due to the price being £10/m less but unsure if I should make the move due to my great speeds.

Would it be an idea to ask BT to lower the price to match Zen?

A happy 4 years with BE but want Fiber

[img]http://speedtest.net/result/2179832609.png[/img]

Edited by Vipermk2 (Tue 07-Aug-18 18:55:15)

Standard User blfamily
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 10-Aug-18 15:49:50
Print Post

Re: Moving from BT to Zen

[re: Vipermk2] [link to this post]

I'll be following you once my 18 months is up. I missed the price rise email so will have to stick it out with BT till June. One thing to note is ZEN line rental goes up in 2020, be nice to know how much by?

Steve
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 10-Aug-18 15:55:42
Print Post

[re: blfamily] [link to this post]

Only got my price rise email this week. But, the day before it arrived I cancelled my broadband altogether and for the small amounts I need at home at the moment I will just tether to my phone.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 10-Aug-18 16:58:15
Print Post

[re: blfamily] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by blfamily:
One thing to note is ZEN line rental goes up in 2020, be nice to know how much by?
More importantly, the fixed price for that is £16.99pm and doesn't seem to include 1571 (£1.80), caller display (80p) and most of all, so far as I can see from their T & Cs, VAT! General T & Cs Para 9.3.

Then their call charges (unless you take a call package). 16p call setup and 11p per minute, (billed by the second).

Completely exhorbitant. I pay £13 for line including 1571, and £1 for caller ID. Calls are 1ppm (one) billed by the second with no setup charge.

All inclusive of Vat.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 67212/12130Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User mixt
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 10-Aug-18 20:44:40
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Their call charges where the primary reason I left them. I would have gone back to A&A but needed a working landline for calls so ended up at IDNet (I know I could still split the BB and voice between companies, but prefer to keep everything under the same umbrella).

IDNet Fibre Unlimited 55/10 with Native IPv6
Automated Hourly HTTP×6 Cloudflare Speed Tests (3×IPv4+3×IPv6)
Previous ISPs » Zen (40/10 FTTC) | aaisp.net (40/10 FTTC) | Virgin Media (50Mb Cable) | Be* Un Limited (ADSL2+) | Zen (ADSL)
Download Maximiser | BIND GeoDNS | Are you being bløcked?
Standard User ukwiz
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 11-Aug-18 12:59:22
Print Post

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
In reply to a post by blfamily:
One thing to note is ZEN line rental goes up in 2020, be nice to know how much by?
More importantly, the fixed price for that is £16.99pm and doesn't seem to include 1571 (£1.80), caller display (80p) and most of all, so far as I can see from their T & Cs, VAT! General T & Cs Para 9.3.

Then their call charges (unless you take a call package). 16p call setup and 11p per minute, (billed by the second).

Completely exhorbitant. I pay £13 for line including 1571, and £1 for caller ID. Calls are 1ppm (one) billed by the second with no setup charge.

All inclusive of Vat.

At least no-one will be able to charge for caller display after Oct 1st

David

BT (poor) -> Zen (excellent) -> O2 (started well, went downhill -> IDNet (No complaints - but 100GB cap) -> Zen (unlimited-and now ipv6!l) but huge packet loss
Standard User hoopla
(member) Sat 11-Aug-18 14:56:14
Print Post

I'm baffled by this. Why do people pay those prices? I've ONLY used VOIP for over a decade. Charges are very low indeed, you can take the number to wherever you are, and there is no drawback.
  Print Thread

Jump to