General Discussion
  >> BTwholesale DSL Implementation

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

These posts have been archived and can no longer be replied to or modified.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User gr0mit
(newbie) Tue 17-Nov-09 15:07:45
Print Post

FTTC - Basingstoke!

[link to this post]

dear all

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13418468@N07/sets/72157...

just to update people here, it looks like openreach has now started to roll out in Basingstoke. This morning I noticed that the Cabinet had appeared in the middle of a grass verge in Brighton Hill.

Bring it on!

Rgds
Tim Robinson
Standard User bookey
(experienced) Tue 17-Nov-09 15:29:03
Print Post

Re: FTTC - Basingstoke!

[re: gr0mit] [link to this post]

I am a muppet and cant read...

Paul

Edited by bookey (Tue 17-Nov-09 16:05:36)

Standard User gr0mit
(newbie) Tue 17-Nov-09 15:41:54
Print Post

[re: bookey] [link to this post]

well, I don't think you read the captions. Basically, the first photograph which I've now put at the back, shows two cabinets side by side. One is fed from Basingstoke exchange, which according to my ISP will have a DSLAM associated with it. The adjacent cabinet is fed from Dummer exchange which will not have the new service.

The other photographs show a DSLAM which appeared this morning at a different site in the Basingstoke area.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User chicken_stu
(experienced) Tue 17-Nov-09 15:49:58
Print Post

Haha...imagine the disappointment if you lived in one of those houses in the background of the last pic and found you were fed from Cab 7 !! FTTC within 10 feet of your front door and not able to sniff it crazy

BTFON

BTBroadband Option 3
Standard User gr0mit
(newbie) Tue 17-Nov-09 15:57:20
Print Post

[re: chicken_stu] [link to this post]

well, it's already causing disgruntlement with the natives.

One of my wife's colleagues is fed from cabinet 84 (the one with the DSLAM planned) and 2 other colleagues who live very close are fed from the other. I feel a war coming on. That or a small wifi project wink

Rgds
Tim
www.txrxcomms.co.uk
Standard User bookey
(experienced) Tue 17-Nov-09 16:05:19
Print Post

Sorry my bad, i'll edit my post!! laugh

Paul
Standard User Agent_57
(newbie) Tue 17-Nov-09 17:12:13
Print Post

I see from this recent announcement - FTTC phase 2 - 60 day early market deployment update that the RFS date for Basingstoke Cabinets is 25/01/2010.

However, I've not been able to find any info about what happens after then...

Does anyone have any knowledge of how soon following the RFS date we can expect to be able to switch over?

Does it depend on how quick my ISP decides to plug in to the new kit or might I need to switch to BT Openreach to get hooked in asap?
Standard User RobertoS
(legend) Tue 17-Nov-09 17:21:15
Print Post

[re: Agent_57] [link to this post]

BT Openreach will connect you back to the exchange and hand over via ethernet to your wholesale or retail ISP.

I assume the ISP organises ordering that from Openreach just like they order BT Wholesale stuff now.

Bob's broadband help site:
www.robertos.me.uk
ISP history: Demon dialup >> Freeserve dialup >> BT Broadband >> Prodigynet >> Newnet >> O2 Standard.
Purple Cloud for domain, email and web space.
Standard User gr0mit
(newbie) Tue 17-Nov-09 17:42:10
Print Post

[re: Agent_57] [link to this post]

I think it depends very much on your Internet service provider.I use Andrews and Arnold, and have already been in discussion with them re provisioning dates for my own line in Basingstoke.

they will be supporting it from day one, i.e. as soon as they are allowed to place orders with BT wholesale. I have spoken to another ISP today who was not even aware that fibre to the Cabinet was coming to Basingstoke.

another customer of mine spoke to BT broadband last week who told them there were no plans to do fibre to the Cabinet in Basingstoke. it just goes to show that you need to choose the right service provider.

whereabouts in Basingstoke are you based? I can contact my ISP if you PM me your postcode and I will find out whether it is covered.

Best Regards
Tim Robinson
www.txrxcomms.co.uk

Edited by gr0mit (Tue 17-Nov-09 17:43:07)

Standard User haggis_muncher
(member) Fri 20-Nov-09 12:17:46
Print Post

In reply to a post by gr0mit:
dear all

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13418468@N07/sets/72157...

just to update people here, it looks like openreach has now started to roll out in Basingstoke. This morning I noticed that the Cabinet had appeared in the middle of a grass verge in Brighton Hill.

Bring it on!

Rgds
Tim Robinson

There is also one of these new cabinets next to the bus stop opposite Asda, hopefully the one my line is connected to.

DELL Dimension 8400 P4 3.0ghz
plusnet 1meg
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to