General Discussion
  >> BTwholesale DSL Implementation

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User bookey
(experienced) Thu 16-Sep-10 11:46:37
Print Post

Re: FTTC - which cabinets and when?

[re: dj_diddler] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by dj_diddler:
Hi Paul,

Exchange Code - WMWR
Postcode - WR12BE

My telegraph pole - DP686
Next in series - 1268
Nearest Cab - 4 (very old solid looking cabinet with 4 spray painted on in army style numerals on each door and sides, no other numbers present anywhere on the cab)

Google Street View

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/WMWR

Thanks smile

Dave

Check local planning applications as that is a old style cab and needs replacing with a new shell before a FTTC cab be provisioned. (Might be not listed in planning applications).
As a general rule low numbered cabs do get provisioned as they often serve a large number of users.
(Not 100% though)
I don't have any info for the WMWR exchange as yet.
Keep your eyes open for spray paint near by with FTTC wrote in it.

Paul
Standard User dj_diddler
(newbie) Thu 16-Sep-10 11:58:00
Print Post

[re: bookey] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by bookey:
Check local planning applications as that is a old style cab and needs replacing with a new shell before a FTTC cab be provisioned. (Might be not listed in planning applications).
As a general rule low numbered cabs do get provisioned as they often serve a large number of users.
(Not 100% though)
I don't have any info for the WMWR exchange as yet.
Keep your eyes open for spray paint near by with FTTC wrote in it.

No planning apps from BT for the City at all frown

All the cabs I have seen around here are the same as that one too.

I'm guessing 1st December is a bit ambitious lol

Thanks Paul

Standard User Jelmok
(newbie) Fri 17-Sep-10 22:46:07
Print Post

Hi Paul (Bookey),

Thanks for your reply. Spoke to an Openreach engineer the other day and he told me which cabinet was for my line and that it hadn't been upgraded yet. Wasn't sure if it was or wasn't going to be. Do you happen to know? The cabinet has the number 44 printed on the front of it in white numbers. Am on the Putney exchange. Am guessing the wholesale checker wouldn't have predicted speeds and a predicted upgrade date unless the cabinet was likely to be upgraded? Is that a fair assumption?

Thank you for your help.

John.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User adebov
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 18-Sep-10 20:42:20
Print Post

Check local planning applications as that is a old style cab and needs replacing with a new shell before a FTTC cab be provisioned.

I didn't think BT needed planning permission unless the cab is in a conservation area?

Ade

ADSL2+ with BE
DL Sync around 4.8Mbps
UL Sync 1088kbps

DG834GT with DGTeam firmware
Standard User griff_90
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 18-Sep-10 20:49:49
Print Post

[re: adebov] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by adebov:
Check local planning applications as that is a old style cab and needs replacing with a new shell before a FTTC cab be provisioned.

I didn't think BT needed planning permission unless the cab is in a conservation area?

Correct.
Standard User gt94sss2
(experienced) Sat 18-Sep-10 22:05:01
Print Post

Do you have any information about Wandsworth?

Its telegraph pole 759 - but am not sure if this is a BT Cabinet or not- as our road is all telegraph poles.

I can tell this one is, but fear its in the wrong place for me.

Do you have any idea how 'often' BT cabinets appear in built up areas (i.e. after how many 100's of metres)?

Thanks
Sunil
Standard User bookey
(experienced) Sun 19-Sep-10 14:41:07
Print Post

[re: Jelmok] [link to this post]

Hi,

These are the cabs that are listed as planned for the Putney exchange area and the Parsons Green exchange area.

All the FTTC cabs connect back to the Parsons Green exchange but this will not affect the speed or service you get at the end of the day.

WRPGRNp1, WRPGRNp2, WRPGRNp4, WRPGRNp5, WRPGRNp6, WRPGRNp7, WRPGRNp9, WRPGRNp10, WRPGRNp12, WRPGRNp13, WRPGRNp14, WRPGRNp15, WRPGRNp16, WRPGRNp17, WRPGRNp18, WRPGRNp19, WRPGRNp20, WRPGRNp21, WRPGRNp22, WRPGRNp23, WRPGRNp24, WRPGRNp25, WRPGRNp26, WRPGRNp27, WRPGRNp28, WRPGRNp29, WRPGRNp30, WRPGRNp31, WRPGRNp32, WRPGRNp33, WRPGRNp34, WRPGRNp35, WRPGRNp36, WRPGRNp38, WRPGRNp39, WRPGRNp40, WRPGRNp41, WRPGRNp42, WRPGRNp43, WRPGRNp45, WRPGRNp46, WRPGRNp47, WRPGRNp48, WRPGRNp49, WRPGRNp50, WRPGRNp51, WRPGRNp52, WRPGRNp53, WRPGRNp54
LSPUTp4, LSPUTp5, LSPUTp6, LSPUTp7, LSPUTp8, LSPUTp9, LSPUTp10, LSPUTp11, LSPUTp12, LSPUTp13, LSPUTp14, LSPUTp15, LSPUTp16, LSPUTp17, LSPUTp18, LSPUTp19, LSPUTp20, LSPUTp21, LSPUTp22, LSPUTp23, LSPUTp24, LSPUTp25, LSPUTp26, LSPUTp27, LSPUTp28, LSPUTp29, LSPUTp30, LSPUTp31, LSPUTp32, LSPUTp33, LSPUTp34, LSPUTp35, LSPUTp36, LSPUTp37, LSPUTp38, LSPUTp39, LSPUTp41, LSPUTp47, LSPUTp48, LSPUTp49, LSPUTp50, LSPUTp51, LSPUTp52, LSPUTp53, LSPUTp54, LSPUTp66, WRPGRNp8, WRPGRNp37
LSPUTp1, LSPUTp2, LSPUTp3, LSPUTp40, LSPUTp42, LSPUTp43, LSPUTp44, LSPUTp45, LSPUTp46, LSPUTp56, LSPUTp57, LSPUTp59, LSPUTp60, LSPUTp61, LSPUT63, LSPUTp64, LSPUTp67, LSPUTp68, LSPUTp71, LSPUTp72

smile

Paul
Standard User bookey
(experienced) Sun 19-Sep-10 14:42:03
Print Post

[re: adebov] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by adebov:

Correct, just most of them around here are, force of habit saying to check local planning applications.
thanks for the reminder.

Paul
Standard User bookey
(experienced) Sun 19-Sep-10 14:47:42
Print Post

[re: gt94sss2] [link to this post]

The one infront of HSBC is cab5.
The other one I am not so sure...

No info on Wandsworth currently.

Paul
Standard User Bobby_Valentino
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 19-Sep-10 16:06:34
Print Post

Where did you obtain a list of those cabs from that are due to be upgraded?

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to