General Discussion
  >> BTwholesale DSL Implementation

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Scoot
(regular) Fri 17-Dec-10 19:49:19
Print Post

FTTC Worcester WMWR

[link to this post]

Hmmm loads of BTOpenworld vans round my area in Wardon Villages Worcester and new cabs have popped up everywhere.

The wholesale checker and Infinity site was saying 31 December 2010 activation date but now it states 31 March 2011 frown

Anyone in the know got any ideas what's happening in this area please?
Standard User adebov
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 17-Dec-10 20:42:07
Print Post

Re: FTTC Worcester WMWR

[re: Scoot] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Scoot:
Anyone in the know got any ideas what's happening in this area please?

Probably the same as is happening in loads of other areas (just have a browse through these forums). Plenty of Dec 2010 dates have been moved back to March 2011, and the March 2011 dates have moved to June/July 2011 to make way for the December ones which are running three months behind schedule.

Ade

ADSL2+ with BE
DL Sync around 4.8Mbps
UL Sync 1088kbps

DG834GT with DGTeam firmware
Standard User seank1990
(newbie) Fri 17-Dec-10 20:42:50
Print Post

im from Droitwich mine and worcester has been 31st december since they started to roll out FTTC and mine changed yesterday to march then went back to 31st december early this morning now mine is set to be done for the 3rd january but the rest of droitwich is still december 31st my cousin lives in wardon and he has seen a cab pop up behind his house i think it might take a little longer for wardon as there are a lot more boxes to do then again it could just be the BT Checkers they have been changing all the time the last 2-3 days

Edited by seank1990 (Fri 17-Dec-10 20:48:00)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Scoot
(regular) Fri 17-Dec-10 20:58:35
Print Post

[re: adebov] [link to this post]

On the face of it our area looks complete, all the streets have nice new green cabs at the end of the roads and I have seen the BTOpenworld vans move further away.

Do you have a cab yet seank11990?
Standard User seank1990
(newbie) Fri 17-Dec-10 21:04:06
Print Post

yes mine was one of the first to be done in droitwich and i think the checker is wrong about worcester being done in march instead of the end of this month they will prob update the checkers again 2moz worcester normally get things before droitwich
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Tue 21-Dec-10 09:11:07
Print Post

Why not try asking in the Fibre Broadband forum on this site?

jelv

Plusnet user since November 2001
Standard User mr_bean
(newbie) Wed 29-Dec-10 11:50:31
Print Post

It's pretty clear that there's work still to be done on the Villages, my cab (46) looks as though they've only just finished laying the power (or possibly still in the process of). I doubt that the weather has helped.

Whether this has just been the weather or other factors is a bit of a guess but there's plenty of theorising going on over in the Fibre Broadband forum.
Standard User michaelh
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 15-Jan-11 18:35:45
Print Post

[re: seank1990] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by seank1990:
im from Droitwich mine and worcester has been 31st december since they started to roll out FTTC and mine changed yesterday to march then went back to 31st december early this morning now mine is set to be done for the 3rd january but the rest of droitwich is still december 31st my cousin lives in wardon and he has seen a cab pop up behind his house i think it might take a little longer for wardon as there are a lot more boxes to do then again it could just be the BT Checkers they have been changing all the time the last 2-3 days

Droitwich here too - what will FTTC give us?

Standard User seank1990
(newbie) Sat 15-Jan-11 19:35:10
Print Post

[re: michaelh] [link to this post]

FTTC will give us much faster speeds up to 40mb down and 10mb up it gives me an estimate of 32.7Mb download 7.5Mb upload and that will be great since there are several computers and xbox's on all at once in my house and that will be a great improvment on the up to 2mb speed i get now
Standard User michaelh
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 15-Jan-11 20:06:25
Print Post

[re: seank1990] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by seank1990:
FTTC will give us much faster speeds up to 40mb down and 10mb up it gives me an estimate of 32.7Mb download 7.5Mb upload and that will be great since there are several computers and xbox's on all at once in my house and that will be a great improvment on the up to 2mb speed i get now

I can get 8mb at the master socket now, but internal wiring to the study means it is 5.5mb at the router. Presumably fttc will speed up the master socket and (to a lesser extent|) the study extension.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to