General Discussion
  >> BTwholesale DSL Implementation

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mysticeddy
(learned) Sat 15-Jan-11 20:41:46
Print Post

Re: FTTC Worcester WMWR

[re: Scoot] [link to this post]

BT Openworld? They haven't been around for years wink
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 15-Jan-11 23:35:15
Print Post

[re: michaelh] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by michaelh:
I can get 8mb at the master socket now, but internal wiring to the study means it is 5.5mb at the router. Presumably fttc will speed up the master socket and (to a lesser extent|) the study extension.
The installation for OR FTTC is different.

The supplied modem has to be close to the VDSL2 socket installed at the master socket, or on a dedicated "data extension cable" that the engineer can fit. There is also often the possibility of sweet-talking the engineer to move the master socket to where you want the modem instead.

How you connect your router to the modem is of course up to you, but it can't be via existing extension wiring.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - O2 Standard.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 15-Jan-11 23:36:15
Print Post

[re: mysticeddy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by mysticeddy:
BT Openworld? They haven't been around for years wink
LOL. Good spot smile

My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - O2 Standard.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BatBoy
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 15-Jan-11 23:55:39
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

The email address still works wink

_______________________________________________________________more_unwritten_rules_than_posts__________________.
Standard User michaelh
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 16-Jan-11 08:27:09
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
In reply to a post by michaelh:
I can get 8mb at the master socket now, but internal wiring to the study means it is 5.5mb at the router. Presumably fttc will speed up the master socket and (to a lesser extent|) the study extension.
The installation for OR FTTC is different.

The supplied modem has to be close to the VDSL2 socket installed at the master socket, or on a dedicated "data extension cable" that the engineer can fit. There is also often the possibility of sweet-talking the engineer to move the master socket to where you want the modem instead.

How you connect your router to the modem is of course up to you, but it can't be via existing extension wiring.

Thanks - will FTTC only be available from BT, or will other suppliers be able to use their infrastructure?

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 16-Jan-11 09:15:24
Print Post

will FTTC only be available from BT, or will other suppliers be able to use their infrastructure?
"Will?"

No "will" about it. Though BT Infinity seems to be the cheapest - trying to freeze out the competition at the start. The BT ads on TV are also misleading in many people's opinion.

Infinity is BT Brooadband's FTTC offering, the underlying FTTC itself product itself being Openreach, and BT Wholesale then providing exchange and backhaul just like ADSL Max and 21CN WBC. (So yes, the infrastructure you refer to).

Any ISP that wants to can supply the BT Wholesale service, just like ADSL and ADSL2+

The ones providing BT Wholesale FTTC so far are in this list. There are no LLU suppliers but TalkTalk is supposed to be doing that soon.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 16-Jan-11 09:25:43
Print Post

There's a Fibre forum by the way. That's the best place to ask about things. This whole thread would have been better there in the first place smile.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to