General Discussion
  >> BTwholesale DSL Implementation

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User specktater
(newbie) Sat 29-Jan-11 18:45:40
Print Post

Will a profile reset affect my line rate?

[link to this post]

Sorry folks, getting very confused here. I thought that your profile was based on your line rate and that resetting the profile would simply get it to match the line rate. I've been advised today that my line rate has dropped to match my profile and that a SNR reset would fix it?

Basically it was a 20mb line rate with a 7000 profile yesterday, today my line rate is 6.5mb still with a profile of 7000. My ISP have said they'll do a reset and this should fix it?

I don't have a test socket, and have removed everything from the line and put a new filter on the router (I've tried a spare router, no change to line rate).
Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Sat 29-Jan-11 19:49:46
Print Post

Re: Will a profile reset affect my line rate?

[re: specktater] [link to this post]

the IP Profile is derived from the line rate.

If your line rate went from 20M to 6.5M something else changed, maybe your DLM Profile ( dB margin etc) rather than your IP profile.

Phil

MaxDSL - goes as fast as it can and doesn't read the line checker first.

MaxDSL diagnostics
Are your kids pirates ? Limewire, Bearshare, Kazaa, BitTorrent, eMule are all tools of the trade.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 30-Jan-11 00:13:47
Print Post

Re: Will a profile reset affect my line rate?

[re: specktater] [link to this post]

As yarwell says, plus it can take up to 75 minutes for the profile to drop, given a low sync to cause it. (Though the low sync itself doesn't need to last that long. A few minutes is usually enough).

In any case, a 20Mbps connection should have a 17,000kbps profile. Do you have a typo, or is the whole thing wonky?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - O2 Standard.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to