General Discussion
  >> BTwholesale DSL Implementation

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User thad
(newbie) Fri 04-Feb-11 10:10:05
Print Post

IPStream End Of Life - Moving to WBMC

[link to this post]

Hi Everyone,

I've been using BTW's Central / IPStream products for several years as a remote access solution for my users.

BT are leaning on me a bit because, as we all know, the 21CN is here and I need to migrate.

However, early on in 2010 I was investigating WBMC and its obvious benefits but I found that the "Host Link" had to connect to one of only a few locations... Reading, Berks in my case (thus making the rental cost HUGE in comparison to my existing Centrals).

More recently I have seen BT slide sets that possibly suggest Central connections can be used as Host Links, ...sorta ....kinda. ??

Can anyone confirm or deny this for me? (and/or suggest my best course of action re: migration)

Cheers in advance,

Thad
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 04-Feb-11 10:15:13
Print Post

Re: IPStream End Of Life - Moving to WBMC

[re: thad] [link to this post]

WBC/21CN is not really that great for small/medium firms that maybe used to rent a small IPStream link.

Best bet might be to go to a provider that buys in bulk from BT Wholesale, and allows you to buy what you need.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User thad
(newbie) Fri 04-Feb-11 10:30:00
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks MrSaffron,

Could you ellaborate a little further - what should I be asking for when I approach said provider?

Also, do you know anything about BT's Host Link termination locations I refer to above?

Thanks again,

Thad

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Fri 04-Feb-11 10:42:52
Print Post

Entanet do "virtual centrals" I believe - http://www.enta.net/About_Entanet/News_&_Events/Pres...

IPStream Connect allows you to pick up traffic at the BRAS which is what Entanet are doing I think - "In Market 1, other than BT, five CPs purchase IPS Connect. These are TalkTalk, Sky, Orange, Virgin Media and Entanet."

Phil

MaxDSL - goes as fast as it can and doesn't read the line checker first.

MaxDSL diagnostics
Are your kids pirates ? Limewire, Bearshare, Kazaa, BitTorrent, eMule are all tools of the trade.
Standard User thad
(newbie) Fri 04-Feb-11 11:12:38
Print Post

[re: yarwell] [link to this post]

cheers yarwell - have emailed them just now.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 04-Feb-11 15:33:37
Print Post

Entanet is probably a good one to talk to, there are others such as Murphx, C&W

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to