General Discussion
  >> BTwholesale DSL Implementation

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User draveneo
(newbie) Sat 04-Jun-11 11:01:17
Print Post

interferance on phone line

[link to this post]

Hi was wondering if anybody would be able to help me. I am having trouble with interferance on my phone line when i have the micro filter plugged in, it is so bad i cant hear the other person. I have had numerous conversations with my provider and tried all their solutions to which none of them have worked, they sent an engineer out and he just said there was no problem with the line and there was nothing wrong with it, he was totally uninterested in helping fix the problem and has left us with a phone we cant use and a bill for £160. I feel like im banging my head against a wall trying to get it fixed, all I want is a line I can use. Thanks for any help
Standard User john2007
(legend) Sat 04-Jun-11 11:05:37
Print Post

Re: interferance on phone line

[re: draveneo] [link to this post]

Unplug your router and as much other kit as you have. If you have a test socket within your BT master socket plug a phone in there. Try the BT quiet line test (17070 option 2). If you hear noise complain to your voice line provider (don't mention broadband).
Standard User kasg
(committed) Sat 04-Jun-11 11:08:40
Print Post

I see no reason why you should pay a bill for £160 if you did everything your provider asked you to and it was they who sent the engineer. I assume you tried a different microfilter - from your description of the problem, that would have been the first thing to try!

Kevin

plusnet Value Fibre
Using OpenDNS

Edited by kasg (Sat 04-Jun-11 11:09:37)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User draveneo
(newbie) Sat 04-Jun-11 11:39:33
Print Post

[re: kasg] [link to this post]

Hi kevin, yeah i tried about 4 or 5 differnet microfilters you just get the same problem, it is a bit harsh the £160 bill, to be honest i wouldnt have minded paying it if they had fixed the problem
Standard User draveneo
(newbie) Sat 04-Jun-11 11:42:26
Print Post

[re: john2007] [link to this post]

Hi john, i just tried the line test you provided unfortunately she said there was no problem as well. Thanks for your reply thats the sort of thing that might be able to help me.
Standard User kasg
(committed) Sat 04-Jun-11 12:23:18
Print Post

I'm a bit confused about your original post. When you say you get interference when the microfilter is plugged in do you mean literally just the microfilter, or the microfilter with the router attached? If it's just the microfilter then I really don't get it, if it's the router as well then does the interference stop when the router is switched off?

Kevin

plusnet Value Fibre
Using OpenDNS
Standard User draveneo
(newbie) Sat 04-Jun-11 19:21:19
Print Post

[re: kasg] [link to this post]

Its the microfilter with the router attached, you will have to bear with me im a bit of a novice when it comes to using computers. I just tried turning off the router and the interference is still there but very minimal but that could be because i have one of those walk around phones
Standard User andyboygsi
(member) Sat 04-Jun-11 20:22:06
Print Post

the line is hr dis somewhere.

are you fed from a pole or underground?

these comments are my own and in no way represent any company that i may or may not be linked too.

BTBroadband
Standard User draveneo
(newbie) Sat 04-Jun-11 21:42:48
Print Post

[re: andyboygsi] [link to this post]

you might have to dumb that down a bit for me i dont understand "hr dis" its from a pole. Thanks for your reply
Standard User polemonkey
(learned) Sat 04-Jun-11 21:44:58
Print Post

Walk around phone? As in cordless?

If so have you tried a regular corded phone, with filter and router connected as normal?

Only reason I ask is because sometimes the power bricks on routers (but more usally cordless phones) are electrically quite noisey.
Some cheapo cordless phones can have a noticable mains hum when you use the handset close to it base/power supply.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to