General Discussion
  >> BTwholesale DSL Implementation

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User begerac
(newbie) Thu 07-Jul-11 22:11:39
Print Post

21CN WBC Date Dissapeared

[link to this post]

Hi,

My exhange NDHAW has had a 21WBC Date of by 31/10/2011 for many months - both on the BT Wholesale checker and Samknow etc. Today it dissapeared - I assume knowing BT it wont be possible to find the reason for this.

Just curious as this is the 3rd time now that an RFS data for 21WBC has been assigned to this exchange and later been removed.

Is this common place?

Regards
Standard User camieabz
(legend) Thu 07-Jul-11 22:29:29
Print Post

Re: 21CN WBC Date Dissapeared

[re: begerac] [link to this post]

Pretty much.

Get used to the possibility that you'll not see better than ADSLmax before 2015. BT have no inclination to deal with many of the exchanges.

~~~~~~~~~~

© Camieabz 2002-2011

Live BQM

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User begerac
(newbie) Thu 07-Jul-11 22:32:32
Print Post

[re: camieabz] [link to this post]

Yep looks likely. Why they set RFS dates in the first place seems strange. You would think they would 1st check if it was viable etc etc 1st.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jchamier
(knowledge is power) Thu 07-Jul-11 22:44:07
Print Post

In reply to a post by begerac:
Just curious as this is the 3rd time now that an RFS data for 21WBC has been assigned to this exchange and later been removed.

You can get TalkTalk LLU on this exchange, so TalkTalk Business services should be available, resold through ISPs such as Xilo or Vivacity. These will be ADSL2+ if your line is short enough.

Don't need to wait for BT to upgrade their kit first.

James - be* pro - on THFB - sync about 17.2mbps - BQM
Standard User Spetznaz
(experienced) Fri 08-Jul-11 21:27:12
Print Post

Because they are investing all their money/time/resources into FTTC now at the expense of ADSL 2+, of course you wont get a statement from them confirming this but actions as they say speak louder than words.

It is very frustrating though for people like me who had an exchange RFS set for March that has now disappeared on smaller exchanges, as there is no hope of FTTC in the short/medium term and looks like the big towns are getting faster and we are stuck with the original ADSL due to BT's shifting priorities.
Standard User mr_mojo
(knowledge is power) Sun 10-Jul-11 18:48:25
Print Post

Similar problem on the Rose Street exchange. My friend had horrific problems getting a line put into his flat and went with BT broadband as the other LLU ISPs were useless in helping resolve this issue (not the best of moves, but understandable with the lead times that were getting quoted from the LLU side).

No ADSL2+ on BTw on this exchange, and no current plans for FTTC (though I imagine it will be announced soon). However, doing some googling this very site announced it was going to be done by Spring 2011: http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/4344-bt-announce-...

There is going to be some strange paradoxes if BT don't get more aggressive with the ADSL2+ rollout, as people right next to the exchange (ie: directly connected; not through a cabinet) will be stuck with upto 8mbit while those ages away will be getting 40mbit+ from the cabs. Who'd of thought that after all this time being close to the exchange could be a big negative wink?
Standard User internetservices
(newbie) Tue 12-Jul-11 12:18:06
Print Post

Re: 21CN WBC Date Dissapeared *DELETED*

[re: mr_mojo] [link to this post]

Post deleted by billford
Moderator billford
(moderator) Tue 12-Jul-11 12:55:47
Print Post

Re: 21CN WBC Date Dissapeared *DELETED*

[re: internetservices] [link to this post]

Advertising is not permitted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

bill@thinkbroadband.com _______________Planes and Cars and ..._______________BQMs: IPv4, IPv6 & Speeds
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User gmoorc
(member) Tue 12-Jul-11 13:37:54
Print Post

Hi.
I'm on the same exchange and noticed the same thing.
As jchamier suggested I have been with Vivaciti for a while now getting 20meg.
I'm on full LLU but would probably do partial LLU if doing it again. Didn't have that option at the time.
Standard User adslmax
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 12-Jul-11 21:58:47
Print Post

[re: gmoorc] [link to this post]

My exchange had been removed 21CN WBC this afternoon on samknows but it put it back on this evening:

What going on BT ?

Stop mess around with us! I won't get my hope up too high until I see the real 21CN WBC go LIVE and FTTC go LIVE first.

Never trust BT!

BEFORE: (afternoon)
21CN WBC status:
RFS date set : 30/09/2011
FTTC status:
Not Available

NOW: (evening)
21CN WBC status:
RFS date set : 31/08/2011
FTTC status:
RFS date set : 01/03/2012

Edited by adslmax (Tue 12-Jul-11 22:03:32)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to