General Discussion
  >> BTwholesale DSL Implementation

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User PeterPiperPicked
(newbie) Thu 25-Aug-11 00:37:44
Print Post

THTG Exchange changed to Market 2?

[link to this post]

My local exchange, THTG, has always been Market 1, with no LLU, cable, or other providers.

Suddenly it's changed to Market 2, but there are still no other providers, just BT Wholesale, so I can't understand why this is. The only thing I can think of is it's some sort of a dodge to get out of 21CN upgrade, which used to be listed for 2009, before the date disappeared from Sam Knows, as they can now say "It's not a targetted rural exchange, it's Market 2", but that probably just me being cynical.

Anyone got any ideas why this may have changed?
Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Thu 25-Aug-11 07:20:46
Print Post

Re: THTG Exchange changed to Market 2?

[re: PeterPiperPicked] [link to this post]

With all those extra houses being built at the end of Campbell Rd, plus that new build site on the way to Basingstoke is getting bigger too. I'd expect some LLU presence, perhaps it's coming ? Worked in the exchange about a month ago, and still just BTw stuff then.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 25-Aug-11 08:58:45
Print Post

Re: THTG Exchange changed to Market 2?

[re: PeterPiperPicked] [link to this post]

Have you checked with TalkTalk whether they have LLU there. At least two posters in the last couple of weeks have reported their presence, and samknows hasn't caught up. Though it would be strange for it to have flagged the M2 status and not done that.

Ummm frown.

Checking the OfCom Classification list dated 3 December 2010 it shows as Market 2. Not even as a proposed mover. So not that recent, and explanation unknown to me.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to