General Discussion
  >> BTwholesale DSL Implementation

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Janthril
(newbie) Mon 24-Oct-11 09:37:58
Print Post

Is my exchange ever going to be upgraded ??

[link to this post]

My exchange (Downham Market) was ADSL Max enabled 31/03/2006. It serves over 6000 premises and has just Talk Talk LLU. Is it ever going to be upgraded to 21CN? (Daren't even hope for FTTC).
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 24-Oct-11 09:46:26
Print Post

Re: Is my exchange ever going to be upgraded ??

[re: Janthril] [link to this post]

5500 phone exchanges in the UK, so its a long job.

TalkTalk and Sky are doing around 50 to 200 every six months. BT Wholesale is plodding through them, so at 6000 probably eventually

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 24-Oct-11 10:49:07
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Is that AD6000?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 24-Oct-11 10:54:48
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

frown

BT will drop the old ATM system totally, just that the investment plans were scaled back, i.e. so is more like 6 years rather than the original 3 years I'd suggest.

Don't give specific dates for an exchange as it could be next year or five years away. Talktalk LLU is sold at a wholesale level, so option for ADSL2+ exists, and while even TalkTalk retail has a bad name, if you stick to online support most will say its good.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User smurf46
(member) Mon 24-Oct-11 11:44:21
Print Post

[re: Janthril] [link to this post]

All guesswork as others say. But some hope: there was a great guffaw on the news page when it was announced that Manningtree at 2/3 the pop. has 21CN and is to get FTTC. DM is also east region and same sort of small town: looks to me like in the eastern region they move upwards i.e. through Essex into Suffolk and then Norfolk so I think Kings Lynn and poss. Ely are programmed for FTTC in 2012: can't see how you could be earlier but I surmise could be next. In my locality they did the big urbans over the last couple of years and next year FTTC is planned for the bigger surrounding village exchanges. I'm sure it depends on the local network too, but the towns are linked by the A10 which I'd have thought is a likely fibred route?

We see things not as they are, but as we are .
- Anais Nin
Standard User Janthril
(newbie) Mon 24-Oct-11 14:50:50
Print Post

[re: smurf46] [link to this post]

Some parts of Kings Lynn are getting fibre, as well as other parts of Norfolk such as Dereham but they all seem to be on the A47 and not on the A10 as far as I can see.
  Print Thread

Jump to