General Discussion
  >> BTwholesale DSL Implementation

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User leedsit
(newbie) Thu 12-Jan-12 11:50:44
Print Post

SNOD Exchange and FTTC

[link to this post]

Hi,

had sooo many issue with BT adsl, which I wont go into here but my connection is around 500kbps. I have no alternatives to broadband, no cable, no 3d or no wireless in the area, so ADSL is my only option bar Satellite.

I know im on quite a long line ( Atten 61dB) and our SNOD exchange is due for FTTC by the end of March and 21CN End of August. I know that on my line, 21CN will not make any difference, however hopefuly FTTC will. Is there anyway I can find out if my street cab is due to be upgraded?

Thanks Guys, Lee.
Standard User ccxo
(member) Thu 12-Jan-12 16:41:34
Print Post

Re: SNOD Exchange and FTTC

[re: leedsit] [link to this post]

Whats you're post code as its used to check on the December lists, do you know what number you cab is as well?

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User leedsit
(newbie) Fri 13-Jan-12 08:21:48
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. My Postcode is ME2 1JB. With regards to a cab, ive looked but never seen one. Ill try over the next few days to take another look and also at the telegraph pole outside my house.

Cheers, Lee.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ccxo
(member) Fri 13-Jan-12 16:57:51
Print Post

NDSNO SNODLAND ME21JB {NDSNO}{P10} 0 100%

You are connected to cab 10 but there is no planned date yet for that cab, on the December list.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User leedsit
(newbie) Sun 15-Jan-12 08:28:07
Print Post

Thanks ccxo,

Ive found the cab and as the crow flies its about 1k from my house. Since its not on the upgrade list and im quite a distance, think my only solution at the moment is satellite broadband to compliment my adsl. Is there a public list viewable with cabs on that i can keep my eye on?

Thanks again for your help, Lee
Standard User ccxo
(member) Mon 16-Jan-12 03:21:29
Print Post

The list was avalabile to the public but was then removed, it is leaked once every few issues. July and December last year are the two i recal seeing.

https://www.google.com/fusiontables/DataSource?snapi...

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chro...

That is the December list, second link is to download the two parts of the file to excel. You may see you're cab upgraded down the line. A large excahnge near me that was enabled back in phase 5a with the majority of its cabinets but has recently had a few more added in phase 9b which is the current phase.

So more cabs will get added eventually, just depends on BT.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User leedsit
(newbie) Mon 16-Jan-12 08:55:48
Print Post

Thanks ccxo,

I currently get around 500kbits connectivity through to 750kbits depending on the day and would like solid speed for remote access into work(can be slow and glitchy) and really need solid connectivity, this would save me having to stay at work in the evenings to make changes. As mentioned im 1k - 1.5k from this Cab(10). If is was to be upgraded to Fibre would I see the benifit? Just wish BT would keep us in the loop so I can make an informed decision before I sign up to Sat for 12 Months at £50.00 a month as I would have so much more time on my hands if I could work from home.

Thanks again, Lee.
Standard User ccxo
(member) Mon 16-Jan-12 22:54:56
Print Post

There would be a benefit though it all depends on the quality of the copper/ali from the cab to you're property.
Unfortunetly the only people that BT will keep in the loop are few in number, whats you're County Council as their head of IT should be liasing with the other Councils about the BDUK funds.

They may be able to shed some light on what their plans are, if you can show enough demand for a faster service on you're cab then it makes it commericaly atteactive to BT to upgrade.
They may have it planned for later in the rollout, its hard to find out but if you can show demand then things can happen eventually.

Openreach do have a form that can be filled in to show interest, get enough residents connected to the cab to fill in the form and the date could appear.

http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/expression-gen....

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User blueacid
(committed) Tue 17-Jan-12 18:25:29
Print Post

You might like to investigate line bonding. I know that vivaciti and be* can do this; would you be interested in such a product? You'd typically get circa double the speed as now, assuming the second phone line connected at the same speed as your existing one.

Cheers,
Blueacid
=================================
Was on Xilo C&W LLU on MRCEN, Now Be* on MRARD.
Standard User leedsit
(newbie) Thu 19-Jan-12 11:54:16
Print Post

[re: blueacid] [link to this post]

Thanks Guys,

the bonding sounds like a good idea in but guess you have to pay double. guess its like tech such as etherchannel or Multilink. Aggregating multiple physical links into one logical connection.

TBH Ive had enough of ADSL, slow connectivity, throught with errors and next to useless support from BT, so will be going with Satellite at least for the next year I think. But thanks for all of your help guys.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to