General Discussion
  >> BTwholesale DSL Implementation

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User babis3g
(learned) Mon 14-Jan-13 02:50:54
Print Post

No more Internet service?

[link to this post]

Hi all
Perhaps most of you are aware about the new BT whole sale checker
http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome
New look and now will state (for the ones having a cabinet) the number of the cabinet

While was checking in past if any updates for unlucky guys like me, with direct line to exchange...i notice this morning that will not state any product for my address like in the past (was adsl up to 19mb) and also something saying about stopping sales

Is that means they will close down adsl servise as i am still with contract under TT?

The Stop Sale date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2012; the Formal Retirement date for Datastream is from 31-Dec-2013. The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 31-Dec-2012; the Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 31-Dec-2013.

and here the new look with the same info
http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q631/babis3g/Btc...

Thanks

Edited by babis3g (Mon 14-Jan-13 02:56:27)

Standard User David_W
(experienced) Mon 14-Jan-13 03:15:31
Print Post

Re: No more Internet service?

[re: babis3g] [link to this post]

Datastream and IPstream are the old 20CN up to 8Mbit products. They are obsolete on exchanges with any 21CN capability, as yours must have if you have a 19Mbit ADSL2+ service over the BT Wholesale system. BT intend to retire these products so that they can stop maintaining the old 20CN network links, stop worrying about obtaining parts for now obsolete equipment and can use recovered equipment as a source for spares for those exchanges yet to be upgraded to 21CN.

The address checker is nowhere near as reliable as searching using a telephone number. Assuming your number is recognised, what is shown when you search by number?
Standard User babis3g
(learned) Mon 14-Jan-13 03:27:49
Print Post

[re: David_W] [link to this post]

Thanks for fast reply
Phone number they don't recognise it because is been given new from TT
So from what you saying adsl 2 plus still OK

Edited by babis3g (Mon 14-Jan-13 03:29:06)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User David_W
(experienced) Mon 14-Jan-13 03:35:30
Print Post

There should be no problem getting BT Wholesale ADSL2+ service if that is available from the exchange.

TalkTalk typically provide service using full LLU, which means that both voice and ADSL are provided using TalkTalk equipment and the line is unknown to BT Wholesale.
Standard User babis3g
(learned) Mon 14-Jan-13 03:36:44
Print Post

Ah that is making even more clear
Thanks for your time and best wishes
Babis

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 14-Jan-13 11:33:52
Print Post

In reply to a post by David_W:
They are obsolete on exchanges with any 21CN capability, as yours must have if you have a 19Mbit ADSL2+ service over the BT Wholesale system.
OP says he is getting 19 Meg from TT. So he is on TT's ADSL2+ LLU, but his exchange could still be 20CN and then he wouldn't be able to get 19 Meg from BTw.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 14-Jan-13 11:44:10
Print Post

In reply to a post by babis3g:
Is that means they will close down adsl servise as i am still with contract under TT?
No! Those results have nothing to do with TT if you are getting 19 Meg from them on ADSL2+ LLU. They are only relevant to BT and other BTw ISPs, like Plusnet & EE.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 14-Jan-13 11:48:42
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

If the exchange was pure 20CN (with people like TalkTalk doing LLU) then there would be no withdrawal date yet.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 14-Jan-13 16:03:27
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Ah, OK! I just wondered whether it was a blanket disclaimer.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 14-Jan-13 16:32:27
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

The dates vary per exchange, I did check a few permutations before my news item.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to