General Discussion
  >> BTwholesale DSL Implementation

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User BrummyGit
(newbie) Wed 16-Jan-13 13:45:16
Print Post

Could it really be true?

[link to this post]

Our village exchange CMPAT has no information published that indicates that we are scheduled to get anything other than the current BT up to 8Mb ADSL service. BT are the only provider in our exchange.

A friend just started the switch to BT from his current ISP and was told by the BT sales people that we are "pencilled in" to get a faster service in June 2013. He took that as BT Infinity.

Whilst there has been a lot of BT cable work on the routes into our exchange over the last year, I am tempted to think that it was an over-excited BT sales person who had been trying to sell him YouView at the time. Could this really be true when I can find no mention of our exchange on any schedule?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 16-Jan-13 13:48:39
Print Post

Re: Could it really be true?

[re: BrummyGit] [link to this post]

If no evidence of new street cabinets then more likely to be the roll-out of WBC ADSL2+ to the exchange

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User BrummyGit
(newbie) Wed 16-Jan-13 13:54:26
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Even that would be better than we have at the moment - my wings are severely clipped by insufficient bandwidth - especially upstream - so any increase would be a help. I believe that QoS is available on ADSL2+ WBC too?

I'm just amazed that there is absolutely no information to be found online, yet he's been told this.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 16-Jan-13 14:09:10
Print Post

Until you find another confirmation treat it as sales bluth, not unheard of

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User domb
(newbie) Wed 23-Jan-13 12:21:42
Print Post

Do you know if you are on a IP Stream Max or IP Stream Max Premium connection?

Max offers upto 448kbit upstream, Premium 832kbit, downstream is 8mbit/s on both. Premium also has higher priority on the BT 20CN network. It may be worth investigating if your ISP offers a 'Premium' service.

Regards

Edited by domb (Wed 23-Jan-13 12:23:00)

Standard User BrummyGit
(newbie) Wed 23-Jan-13 15:36:05
Print Post

[re: domb] [link to this post]

Thank you for your post.

My broadband service is with BT (Option 3) but I have no idea how to check if they offer a premium option.

Can anyone advise me if BT offer such an option and how I would check if its available on my exchange?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 23-Jan-13 15:37:49
Print Post

BT Retail used to, but only on their SME range of products.

Standard User domb
(newbie) Wed 23-Jan-13 16:48:56
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

As far as I am aware, BT Retail no longer offer a Max Premium product. I'm in the same boat, my line is served by a small 260 line 20CN exchange, we were unable to get a Max Premium connection via BT Retail.

In my experience Goscomb.net offer a fairly priced IP Stream Max Premium (any 20CN connection 'Value' and above). A few of the EntaNet resellers can also add it on for ~£5 a month extra. It has become a bit of a niche product. A&A also offer it for an additional fee.

I am happily using a Goscomb 20CN connection and will shortly be bonding them with MLPPP.
  Print Thread

Jump to