General Discussion
  >> BTwholesale DSL Implementation

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Remidizer
(member) Tue 12-Feb-13 19:07:04
Print Post

changed FTTC date...by 3 months!!!!!!

[link to this post]

I have been waiting a long time for FTTC, as have plenty of people. In the past 8 months it had Inverness macdhui exchange ready to roll on the 31st of March, checked again today, its changed to the 31st of June..... why do they do this?? it is infuriating.

Standard User mabibby
(regular) Tue 12-Feb-13 19:12:55
Print Post

Re: changed FTTC date...by 3 months!!!!!!

[re: Remidizer] [link to this post]

I heard a rumour that it's a personal attack to purposely annoy you... wink

Join the club chief! See my post in Fibre Broadband.

PlusNet Unlimited
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 12-Feb-13 22:18:32
Print Post

It may be nothing to do with this forum - BT Wholesale DSL Implementation. It is much more likely to be to do with Openreach exchange and cabinet FTTC enablement.

As the previous poster said, lots about this in the Fibbre forum. Quarter end dates are pretty meaningless, more like a wish-list than a delivery schedule frown. They very often slip by a quarter or six months during the last week or so of the quarter.

For it to slip during the second month looks like a serious issue has turned up.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.3/15.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 5km
(knowledge is power) Tue 12-Feb-13 22:31:29
Print Post

[censored] hell BT!

Just checked mine again and it's changed by A WHOLE YEAR! Gone from 31st March 2013 to 31st March 2014!

O2 Broadband Premium LLU
Now on twitter @timmay2
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 12-Feb-13 22:51:33
Print Post

[re: 5km] [link to this post]

Jeeezzz!

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.3/15.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User kasg
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 13-Feb-13 11:53:40
Print Post

In reply to a post by Remidizer:
checked again today, its changed to the 31st of June

Sounds like a way of saying you are never going to get it smile

Kevin

plusnet Unlimited Fibre
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST

Edited by kasg (Wed 13-Feb-13 11:54:01)

Standard User 5km
(knowledge is power) Fri 22-Feb-13 23:45:51
Print Post

[re: kasg] [link to this post]

Had a call from BT today about this and apparently the slip in date is something to do with BT not being allowed to publish quarter end dates that they might not reach. They are therefore being cautious and setting 6, 9 or 12 month dates but cabinets may be active before these new pessimistic dates.

Apparently all going well it'll be June/July this year.

O2 Broadband Premium LLU
Now on twitter @timmay2
Standard User ccxo
(experienced) Sat 23-Feb-13 01:59:14
Print Post

[re: 5km] [link to this post]

This is a response Openreach gave a forum member via the nga email.

"The change in dates on the website is as a result of the recent Advertising Standards Agency ruling –Openreach will be moving to provide a six-and-nine-month view of when exchanges will be enabled to improve the accuracy of this data when it is presented to end-users by CPs.

However, the deployment plan remains the same – the majority of people who were given a March date will still be able to receive service by that point, we are just unable to provide a three-month view any more as a result of the ASA ruling.

Whilst in most cases we were able to forecast an accurate date, deploying fibre is a complex engineering job which involves planning consent in some cases, power provision, traffic management, etc. Therefore there will always be the potential for unexpected delays to occur for an individual cabinet. Moving to a six-month view reduces the impact of such delays on our predictions.

Also this bit from the Openreach where and when site in the FAQ.

In order to avoid repeatedly delaying these cabinets, we have moved their due dates to the end of our commercial programme to reduce multiple changes to the likely activation date. We will continue to seek solutions for these cabinets and where possible will activate them before the end date given.

Orange BB 5856/448
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 23-Feb-13 08:37:59
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

So because of complaints about the number of cabinets getting dates frequently put back, (althoughit seems that the majority are on time or early otherwise the overall target would have gone back as well, rather than having been brought forward dramatically), we now get no dates at all other than "we expect still to meet the target date for the rollout".

Great. Well done the jobs-worths at the ASA crazy frown.

Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 541/15.2Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

Edited by RobertoS (Sat 23-Feb-13 09:08:13)

Standard User MCM
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 23-Feb-13 21:37:25
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Great. Well done the jobs-worths at the ASA crazy frown.
They were probably driven to it by the moaning minnies and whingers, no doubt including many of those posting to these forums/fora.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to