General Discussion
  >> BTwholesale DSL Implementation

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 13-Mar-13 15:18:04
Print Post

Was not expecting this

[link to this post]

To my utter amazement BTO have listed my 1100 line exchange for the 21CN upgrade treatment .

Not sure why this is , i expect it might involve some local government money and some BBUK scheme , as the nearest village to mine " Maresfield " has FTTC and is fed by the local towns exchange and had intolerable speeds before FTTC .

Would they simply extend the reach of that network to my exchange ? . not thinking for one moment we are getting FTTC but ADSL2+ would be very welcome as im close enough to my exchange to see real benefits http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/NDNUT

Still thou it seems strange that the village i use to live in and had to move from because it has no fixed line broadband is not getting or is not showing as getting any improvements to there exchange http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/NDISF

I honestly never thought we would be upgraded to 21CN and i have been here for long enough to know its never a done deal until the equipment is actually in the exchange but its something to look forward to

Edited by woweebert (Wed 13-Mar-13 15:24:59)

Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Wed 13-Mar-13 17:07:44
Print Post

Re: Was not expecting this

[re: woweebert] [link to this post]

will Isfield be wrapped up in a county / BDUK scheme ? or is there something especially toxic about the place.

--

Phil

MaxDSL - goes as fast as it can and doesn't read the line checker first.

MaxDSL diagnostics
Standard User ccxo
(experienced) Wed 13-Mar-13 19:13:22
Print Post

[re: yarwell] [link to this post]

Well the East Sussex BDUK scheme is still in procurement, so this is likely BT wholesale extending their 21CN network.

Orange BB 5856/448

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 14-Mar-13 23:53:37
Print Post

[re: yarwell] [link to this post]

I'm sorry i don't know whats happening in Isfield , they do have a satellite/WIFI network that gives thous that can afford it a internet connection of sorts .

As i understand it , the biding process was closed to other as it was weighted so heavily to the current provider that potential WiFi providers where shut out as not offering a combined telephone and broadband package .
Standard User Adam3k
(knowledge is power) Sun 24-Mar-13 01:10:59
Print Post

[re: woweebert] [link to this post]

Well bugga me.. After all these years, you are only down the road from me...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
StructuredCommunications Bonded FTTC 74.5Mbps Download & 22.4Mbps Upload.
  Print Thread

Jump to