General Discussion
  >> BTwholesale DSL Implementation

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Fri 26-Apr-13 15:50:27
Print Post

Re: Sync lost on incoming call on 20CN Marconi exchange

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

hmm, there's certainly a lot of Marconi voice switch / exchange kit around in BT - the DSLAM isn't an exchange at all , though it lives in the exchange building.

--

Phil

MaxDSL - goes as fast as it can and doesn't read the line checker first.

MaxDSL diagnostics
Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Fri 26-Apr-13 17:42:49
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

A 'LIC change', so the 'port' that provides the voice has been shifted to a different port. The LIC is connected before ADSL equipment, so chances of it having any effect on the sync are slim to none. Have come across it once, but upon closer inspection it turned out to be a faulty splitter card in the 20cn DSLAM.

Standard User 4M2
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 26-Apr-13 18:03:52
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Zarjaz:
A 'LIC change', so the 'port' that provides the voice has been shifted to a different port. The LIC is connected before ADSL equipment, so chances of it having any effect on the sync are slim to none. Have come across it once, but upon closer inspection it turned out to be a faulty splitter card in the 20cn DSLAM.

I think the SFI was running out of ideas at the exchange, it was a Saturday afternoon job and after working on the problem for a couple of hours he had to pack in.

After that nothing was being done so I switched to partial LLU and the problem was solved smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Fri 26-Apr-13 19:38:37
Print Post

After that nothing was being done so I switched to partial LLU and the problem was solved

So you kept the Btw LIC, and just had new LLU DSLAM ties ........... proving it wasn't the LIC, right ?

Standard User 4M2
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 26-Apr-13 19:59:27
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Zarjaz:
After that nothing was being done so I switched to partial LLU and the problem was solved

So you kept the Btw LIC, and just had new LLU DSLAM ties ........... proving it wasn't the LIC, right ?

It seems that way...

But I never did find out what the actual problem was, Plusnet closed the ticket and I found it impossible to get any information from them or get them to request OR to investigate further, also there wasn't a voice fault as such so BT wouldn't do anything. Lost patience with Plusnet and, as I wasn't in a contract, went to partial LLU and kept the line with BT smile
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Fri 26-Apr-13 21:55:47
Print Post

What were your sync speeds (down and up)? I'm finding that although the attenuation says I should easily get 8128/832 I never get above 7808. Looking at the bit/tone allocation, tones 33-36 are not being used.

jelv

Plusnet user since November 2001
Standard User 4M2
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 26-Apr-13 23:50:32
Print Post

This was when I had the problems during October 2011: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8526/8684848940_cf1d45...

Hope it's revelant smile

Edit: and a RS graph http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6235/6279314911_3a32b5... from about the same time showing the effect of incoming phone calls - each after approx 6 rings of the phone frown

Edited by 4M2 (Fri 26-Apr-13 23:58:09)

Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Sat 27-Apr-13 00:32:08
Print Post

Relevant? I'll say so. That exactly mirrors what I'm seeing right down to the bigger than normal gap between the upstream and downstream.

If the exchange had another DSLAM that was not Marconi a transfer on to that would have cured the problem.

jelv

Plusnet user since November 2001

Edited by jelv (Sat 27-Apr-13 00:33:43)

Standard User 4M2
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 27-Apr-13 01:00:46
Print Post

What are you going to do? Unlike you I had the option of switching to partial LLU which was much less troublesome for me than trying to get OR and PN back onto the case. Eventually Bob Pullen responded to my calls for help but by that time it was too late since I had already left PN frown
Standard User Fosterthiele
(newbie) Sat 27-Apr-13 08:25:04
Print Post

Re: Sync lost on incoming call on 20CN Marconi exchange *DELETED*

Post deleted by Sadoldman

Edited by Fosterthiele (Sat 27-Apr-13 08:25:34)

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to