General Discussion
  >> BTwholesale DSL Implementation

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User flanzm
(learned) Tue 15-Jul-14 09:19:32
Print Post

ADSL Resyncs when BT work on cabinet

[link to this post]

My ADSL is rock steady for weeks at a time. However everytime BT work on my cabinet the line re-syncs (I'm sure about this as I can see the cabinet and the guys van from my window!).

Is this normal ? What could be causing this - I'm guessing it's a dud connection ? Can I report this as a fault or should I just live with it ?

Mike
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 15-Jul-14 15:15:54
Print Post

Re: ADSL Resyncs when BT work on cabinet

[re: flanzm] [link to this post]

If it goes back to the same speeds then not a fault really until it stops for hours after they have been working

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 15-Jul-14 16:53:07
Print Post

Particularly happens on the weekend and is not fixed till the Monday when they notice it.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User b4dger
(knowledge is power) Tue 15-Jul-14 17:53:30
Print Post

In reply to a post by flanzm:
Is this normal ?
My longish line is pretty sensitive! Every time I see an OR van I panic! The other day they were up a local pole that serves my home and yes my connection had a brief interruption.

Perhaps some engineers have fatter thumbs than others wink

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 15-Jul-14 18:07:53
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.6/14.1Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Tue 15-Jul-14 18:44:03
Print Post

For my own experience it could be a failing gel crimp or could be just a clumsy engineer but the latter usually will result in a 1 leg dis, where your voice (PTSN) service stops working and if ADSL results in a doubling of attenuation and lower sync speeds , with FTTC the service is likely to be uninterupted by a 1 leg dis on the pair if on the incoming E side of things
  Print Thread

Jump to