General Discussion
  >> BTwholesale DSL Implementation

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User alwall
(member) Fri 22-Aug-14 08:10:06
Print Post

New build home and BT database

[link to this post]

Postcode for my new build house in Gloucs has been " live" on Royal Mail database for three weeks.
External cable appears to have been pulled in through the ducting into the "utilities cupboard".
How long before BT Openreach will acknowledge my house's existence on their database? I'm due to occupy within next 3 weeks (hopefully).

BTBroadband
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 22-Aug-14 12:59:22
Print Post

Re: New build home and BT database

[re: alwall] [link to this post]

What about the full address on the Royal Mail database?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.6/14.1Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User alwall
(member) Fri 22-Aug-14 13:13:44
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
What about the full address on the Royal Mail database?

Yes it is there in full

BTBroadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 22-Aug-14 13:20:27
Print Post

smile
The reason I asked is because postcode checks are notoriously unreliable on the Openreach database. Simply because a postcode can be served by multiple cabinets.

There's a possibility that the Openreach part of the installation to the estate isn't yet complete. Are there any occupied houses? If so, have you asked if they have phone supply?

Does this checker give anything?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.6/14.1Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Edited by RobertoS (Fri 22-Aug-14 13:21:48)

Standard User alwall
(member) Fri 22-Aug-14 13:32:59
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

It is a newly allocated postcode that was made live by Royal Mail just three weeks ago.
It is unrecognised on ANY BT database that I've encountered including the one you suggested , hence my OP.
Email correspondence with Openreach has been lengthy, circular and almost Kafkaesque!
You may indeed be correct and that Openreach didn't pull in the eternal cable but site management are somewhat vague on this!
I will be the first occupier

BTBroadband
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Fri 22-Aug-14 13:36:22
Print Post

Can you post the er.., postcode?

______________________________________________________________________________________False_Authority_Syndrome__________________
Standard User alwall
(member) Fri 22-Aug-14 13:41:30
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

No

BTBroadband
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Fri 22-Aug-14 13:50:24
Print Post

Well in that case, BT will probably update within the next 3 weeks or so.

You can ask BT_Care here https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4950

______________________________________________________________________________________False_Authority_Syndrome__________________

Edited by BatBoy (Fri 22-Aug-14 13:52:48)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 22-Aug-14 13:53:19
Print Post

Its keep badgering away at your ISP/voice provider and Openreach, and often a simpler route is to forget broadband ordering as this just complicates things and get the voice line activated. Also developer should take some responsibility too.

Does the site office have a telephone line and an address recognised by BT Wholesale checker?

3 weeks is not excessively long if the postcode only just made it the Royal Mail then. One presumes the developer has told Openreach that the development exists, and not just assumed that if they put ducting etc in as per published spec that Openreach will figure out that it exists for themselves.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User alwall
(member) Fri 22-Aug-14 14:39:22
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Site office address and its phone on BT Wholesale checker. However the postcode is different to that of the new build itself.

Still awaiting more replies from Openreach. They seem to be in a loop inasmuch as every few emails they start asking me the same questions all over again despite my answers being included in each email.

Developer is being vague despite questions in writing.

BTBroadband
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to