General Discussion
  >> BTwholesale DSL Implementation

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User althetog
(newbie) Tue 30-Sep-14 17:43:52
Print Post

3rd delay to fibre rollout in 2 years

[link to this post]

My address on the AUGHTON GREEN exchange is served by Cabinet 6.

In May 2013, the expected availability of superfast broadband at my cabinet was 30 September 2013
By 30 September 2013, the expected availability was 31 May 2014
By May 2014, the expected availability was 30 September 2014
Today, 30 September 2014, the expected availability is showing as 30 September 2015.

I'd like to think this is a simple clerical mistake, but history does sometimes make you think......
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 30-Sep-14 19:45:11
Print Post

Re: 3rd delay to fibre rollout in 2 years

[re: althetog] [link to this post]

Maybe worth a check with the local planning office to see if any history of planning applications, or requests for roadwork permission have been filed.

NOTE: These may show as power company requests, e.g. crossing road to get power to a cabinet.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User macattack56
(newbie) Tue 14-Oct-14 11:38:18
Print Post

In reply to a post by althetog:

In May 2013, the expected availability of superfast broadband at my cabinet was 30 September 2013
Today, 30 September 2014, the expected availability is showing as 30 September 2015.

I'd like to think this is a simple clerical mistake, but history does sometimes make you think......

I am soo00 glad to find this post and I am in the exact same boat and the same location as your good self. Does anyone have a email address for BT Openreach to complain as the old email address (nga.enquiries@openreach.co.uk) is no longer working (surprise surprise !) I have been given the run around by BT , Bt Openreach (when the email address was valid in December 2013) for now 18 months and this is getting far beyond a Joke . I just want to know what the hold up is ??

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User althetog
(newbie) Tue 14-Oct-14 12:50:52
Print Post

[re: macattack56] [link to this post]

well...the Chief Executive, Joe Garner (joe.garner@openreach.co.uk) might know who to contact wink)
Standard User MCM
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 14-Oct-14 17:33:45
Print Post

[re: macattack56] [link to this post]

Try posting in the Fibre Broadband forum where there are one or two people "in the know" who could help if so inclined. Your problem is a BT Openreach problem and nothing to do with BT Wholesale who will only come on the scene once BTO have installed FTTC.
Standard User althetog
(newbie) Tue 15-Sep-15 23:09:00
Print Post

Re: 3rd delay to fibre rollout in 2 years - update

Update 15 September 2015:

The date has been pushed back once again - expected availability date is now 31 March 2017, yes, 2017 !!! That's 4 years after the originally quoted date - what's going on?

"FTTC is currently not available on this cabinet due to following reasons:- Cabinet to be enabled between Apr-16 and Mar-17. Date to be confirmed once the survey is complete.."

This is no longer a joke. The new cabinet has been in position for over a year, and apparently awaits a connection under the roadway to the old cabinet.

In reply to a post by althetog:

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 15-Sep-15 23:50:33
Print Post

Re: 3rd delay to fibre rollout in 2 years - update

Is it possible someone has objected to the siting of the FTTC cabinet and they have to find a different location?

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59999/14372kbps @ 600m. - BQM
  Print Thread

Jump to