General Discussion
  >> BTwholesale DSL Implementation

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User rscott
(member) Tue 27-Jan-15 10:52:03
Print Post

21CN Rollout

[link to this post]

Are exchanges still being upgraded to 21CN ?

My rural exchange (EAWIX) hasn't been upgraded and isn't currently part of phase 1 of the BDUK rollout for Essex. I'm hoping I might get at least the possibility of ADSL2+ for a slight speed boost.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 27-Jan-15 11:07:43
Print Post

Re: 21CN Rollout

[re: rscott] [link to this post]

Small exchange with no LLU either.

21CN is still at a coverage level below that of TalkTalk LLU and new exchanges are being added, but usually to complement the fibre based roll-outs.

So waiting on phase 2 of Essex project really, from area I'd say cabinet1 is a candidate for FTTC if next phase has a high coverage level, and maybe even the EO in Wix itself.

Interesting snippet on http://www.tendringdc.gov.uk/business/business-suppo... that leads to a business provider doing Wireless in Tendring

Though the Spartan website http://www.tencomm.co.uk/ does make me a little worried, particularly when they get the speed units all wrong.

Another option may be http://www.countybroadband.co.uk/residential/

Edited by MrSaffron (Tue 27-Jan-15 11:12:47)

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User EddyTheDog
(newbie) Tue 27-Jan-15 11:43:34
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

We went the other way. LLU was provisioned in the exchange (EASRM) by Trilogy Telecom (later they became Edge), but only a couple of years later they pulled out.

BT never really bothered with 21CN even though it was on the cards ..

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User rscott
(member) Tue 27-Jan-15 11:50:34
Print Post

Thanks MrSaffron.

I'm connected to cabinet 1, so that's hopefully good news. I know Tendring have already committed funding toward phase 2, so that might help too.

The wireless mast is another option I'm considering, but it looks like that's been delayed (again) - the site is now up for sale.

County Broadband don't cover our area (yet), but say it might well happen soon. Looks like it might be worth talking to the local church to see if they'd consider being part of their scheme.
Standard User baby_frogmella
(experienced) Tue 27-Jan-15 12:30:01
Print Post

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
21CN is still at a coverage level below that of TalkTalk LLU and new exchanges are being added, but usually to complement the fibre based roll-outs.

Out of curiosity why won't BT touch my exhange (NSICL) with a bargepole and 21CN it yet the the likes of Sky, TalkTalk, C&W have had their ADSL2+ equipment for ages? I know its a commercial decision but if Sky, TT, C&W et al are happy with their investment (ie getting a return on it) the mind boggles why BT haven't put their ADSL2+ equipment in as well.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
TalkTalk Business Fibre 79987/19999 kbps