General Discussion
  >> BTwholesale DSL Implementation

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Jax2
(regular) Tue 14-Apr-15 09:42:47
Print Post

G.INP & ADSL

[link to this post]

I am on a long unstable line to a 21st century exchange but connected by ADSL due to the long distance. My router, a Billion 7800N, has the ability to enable G.INP (called PhyR in the router menu) but this has been pointless as BT have never used G.INP at the exchange until the present roll out which has many threads discussing it with FTTC.

My question is will the roll out ostensibly for FTTC make G.INP available for me on my ADSL line as it might make my line more stable?
I am supposed to eventually get native FTTP but it seems to be taking forever (with no date available) when you have an unstable line which despite many Openreach engineer visits and being declared very clean is giving me 90 odd drops a day.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 14-Apr-15 10:27:57
Print Post

Re: G.INP & ADSL

[re: Jax2] [link to this post]

G.INP is nothing to do with ADSL.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User mlmclaren
(experienced) Tue 14-Apr-15 10:50:59
Print Post

G.INP is only being enabled from Fibre Cabinets and not the exchange/ BT Wholesale equipment...

The only provider doing G.INP on ADSL that I know of is Sky and that's only if your on their network and I assume they/re might be some areas then that won't get it either.

Plusnet Unlimited 21CN 4200/800 @ 4.2Km > TP-Link TD-W8968v3 - BQM IPv4
Plusnet Fibre Extra 66000/20000 @ 450m > HG612 (Unlocked) > Linksys LRT224 - BQM IPv4

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Jax2
(regular) Tue 14-Apr-15 11:20:12
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks guys, that is what I thought but there was a glimmer of hope so I had to ask. Back to trying to be patient!
Standard User martbb
(newbie) Fri 11-Dec-15 14:58:25
Print Post

I suspect only openreach really know and they don't say that much.

I have g.inp capable routers at two addresses and recently both went to fastpath for downstream. The one at my temp address is a slow line too and we've had trouble with it. The upstream interleave is 4 downstream 1. If its not G.INP its something else very useful.

I think g.inp is most useful when there is more sporadic interference rather than constant loss of data.

Up to a few days ago the downstream at this temp address was interleaved at a level of 64 which gives you an idea of the relative quality of the line. Speed was rated about 4000-5000 and is now about 6.5Mbit which seems to be reasonably close to what gets delivered.
  Print Thread

Jump to