General Discussion
  >> BTwholesale DSL Implementation

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User dubwhizz
(committed) Fri 01-May-15 14:08:42
Print Post

is there a way to influence openreach/BT

[link to this post]

situation is a new estate comprising conversions and new builds. multiple cabinets on site, i think theres 3/4 already. 540 dwellings in total

ive been there 2 years and still no sign of my cabinet being upgraded for fibre. the first cabinet on the estate is already fibre enabled and people can get fibre broadband.

i need to know if there is any way of influencing openreach. as part of the residents assiciation i have the ability to get people on board, kind of like getting a petition together to make this happen. i just can't get help from BT or openreach with who to talk to to make this happen.

anyone got any inside information or is it not going to happen for me?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 01-May-15 14:22:38
Print Post

Re: is there a way to influence openreach/BT

[re: dubwhizz] [link to this post]

Yes your developer(s) should have got on to Openreach during the planning process and shared exact plans and maybe encourage with money for Openreach to ensure fibre cabinets are in place, or even install FTTH.

540 homes spread over 3 or 4 cabinets makes for poor economics, and suggests a patchy build process with Openreach only reacting as they learn about the growth - could be wrong and its just daft openreach planning. With those sort of numbers per cabinet then cash is likely to be the main pressure tool.

If in a BDUK local authority as opposed to a city area that is excluded then local authority has a part to play too.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User martinsq
(member) Sat 02-May-15 22:48:40
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

EASY !
Get hold of your prospective MP(s), tell them they could get up to 1080 votes if they kick start BT / Openreach....
Regards,
Martin

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Fastman2
(committed) Sun 03-May-15 13:47:41
Print Post

[re: martinsq] [link to this post]

there is only 2 likley scenarios that will enable the cab to be enabled

Scenario 1 is gets covered under BDUk and you might get something by 2020 assuming the local authority
scenarion 2 Developr / Community fund the Fibre cabinet -- deploymnet normally a year from agreement
Standard User Fastman2
(committed) Sun 03-May-15 13:49:59
Print Post

which development is this ?
Standard User Fastman2
(committed) Sun 03-May-15 13:52:49
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

mcsafforn assume a consortium developemt who all approached openreach seperately wil line equiries instead of saying heres 2000 homes how best to serve them
Standard User dubwhizz
(committed) Mon 04-May-15 09:21:10
Print Post

[re: Fastman2] [link to this post]

thanks for the replies.

I'll probably start with the developer. im sure a representative of them has told me there isn't enough capacity in the green box, so armed with the comment about it being their responsibility to ensure there is enough capacity, i'll go back to them.

@Fastman2 its Chevin Park, in menston, west yorks.
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 05-May-15 18:34:19
Print Post

That sounds like a lot of cabs for so few properties ?

Print Thread

Jump to