General Discussion
  >> BTwholesale DSL Implementation

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User zarkrax
(regular) Sun 07-Jun-15 18:48:22
Print Post

Trouble with Broadband for the last couple of days

[link to this post]

Apologies for the long post....

Usually I enjoy a sycn rate of between 6.5 and 7.5. The last couple of days I noticed the router rebooted and dropped to 4. Both times I rebooted and it re-synced to 7 and I carried on. This morning my netgear router was in a cycle of negotiating training and disconnecting. Knowing I would have to make a call to BT I plugged in my home hub 2 and changed the micro-filter and plugged into the test socket, sure enough the BT Home hub wouldn't connect and the broadband light kept flashing orange. Phoned BT went through the script and the fault was logged (about 10.15am). At approx 1pm the internet came back on and the sync speed was at 3.5mb. Obviously not the speed I normally get so I rebooted the router at about 1.30pm. The orange flashing light then came back on and I had no service until about 5pm then it went back to a reduced speed of 3.3mb.

I did a check on bt speed check and it said my ip profile was 2.5mb. I have read about this and I understand I need a stable connection for at least 3 days before my speed profile would increase.

My main question is I don't want the fault being cleared with BT unless I know the router will connect after a reboot. Do you think I should reboot it (and risk another four hour outage) Or wait 3 days? Assuming the fault is now fixed, and my line speed will gradually return.
Standard User zarkrax
(regular) Sun 07-Jun-15 20:08:21
Print Post

Re: Trouble with Broadband for the last couple of days

[re: zarkrax] [link to this post]

Couldn't resist any longer smile rebooted and now won't connect again (flashing orange broadband light again) frown At least I can tell BT this when they phone.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 07-Jun-15 21:39:44
Print Post

Re: Trouble with Broadband for the last couple of days

[re: zarkrax] [link to this post]

Next time only reboot if considerable spare noise margin available

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to