General Discussion
  >> BTwholesale DSL Implementation

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User sills
(regular) Mon 20-Jul-15 15:13:40
Print Post

BT database error?

[link to this post]

Hopefully this is the right forum to post in.

We recently got a line installed at a customer's new workshop. Other units on the site can get FTTC fine and 100% of the lines are on the same cabinet. The problem is that we can't order FTTC on the new line, and the BT DSL checker for the number only offers 1Mb fixed rate ADSL. Other lines on the site show up to 30Mb FTTC and 7.5Mb ADSL Max.

If you look up the number, the checker says "Telephone Number 0122783xxxx on Exchange BRIDGE is served by Cabinet 3" which matches the other lines. If you look up the address in the address checker, it says "Address xxx, xxx, PATRIXBOURNE, CANTERBURY, CT4 5xx on Exchange unknown", whereas other lines on site say cab 3 there too.

I've spoken to the PSTN provider, but they say the order was closed off fine on the 3rd of July and I should speak to the FTTC provider. They say speak to the line provider. To me it looks like the line provider need to get BT to fix the database entry for that line, but they don't seem to think so.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 20-Jul-15 15:42:09
Print Post

Re: BT database error?

[re: sills] [link to this post]

Was this a new address too? If so that may have added extra time to the update period for the database.

If you email with the telephone and address details to Andrew@thinkbroadband.com I can check the checkers and then pass onto someone in Openreach to give it a manual prod - usually say wait a while but looks to have been two weeks and would expect it to be done and dusted.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User sills
(regular) Mon 20-Jul-15 16:09:07
Print Post

Re: BT database error?

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I was a new address to BT, there hadn't been a line in there before (or electricity or water).

I'll send you an email shortly, thanks!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to