General Discussion
  >> BTwholesale DSL Implementation

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User dheaven
(newbie) Wed 05-Aug-15 05:32:06
Print Post

Upgrade to 21CN?

[link to this post]

Some fibre cabinets have recently appeared in our village.

Is there any sure way to find out whether our exchange (ESPCD) will now be upgraded to 21CN (and offer ADSL2+) or whether these cabinets will simply be connected directly to another nearby exchange leaving us with 20CN unless we subscribe to FTTC?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 05-Aug-15 08:01:10
Print Post

Re: Upgrade to 21CN?

[re: dheaven] [link to this post]

Cab number and exchange is?

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User dheaven
(newbie) Wed 05-Aug-15 09:52:43
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

According to BT Broadband Availability Checker, my telephone number is on Pencaitland (ESPCD) exchange and is served by Cabinet 3.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 05-Aug-15 10:04:47
Print Post

[re: dheaven] [link to this post]

No eta for WBC ADSL2+ is showing up

And based on location I'd expect fibre cabinets to probably use Tranent so no overriding need for WBC backhaul direct to the Pencaitland exchange.

Plenty of smaller Scottish exchanges are remaining on IPStream Max with fibre cabinets linked to a nearby WBC enabled exchange.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User dheaven
(newbie) Wed 05-Aug-15 10:32:48
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Andrew,

Thank you for your very prompt response which has provided useful information for me and my immediate neighbours.
  Print Thread

Jump to