General Discussion
  >> BTwholesale DSL Implementation

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Michael_Chare
(experienced) Tue 10-Nov-15 21:23:50
Print Post

Broadband and phone activation

[link to this post]

Are BT Openreach able to activate a line for telephone(voice) and ADSL broadband at the same time, for a 3rd party supplier such as the Post Office? (non LLU exchange). The line I am interested was previous used for BT broadband. Both the phone and the broadband would have been deactivated at least a year ago.

Michael Chare
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 10-Nov-15 22:01:13
Print Post

Re: Broadband and phone activation

[re: Michael_Chare] [link to this post]

Don't forget that although it's non-LLU it is still TalkTalk running the service so ordering from BT Wholesale and Openreach respectively.

"Simultaneous Provide" is a facility offered by Openreach to all CP's. The question ends up as being whether TalkTalk have the ability to set up and process SIM provides at non-LLU exchanges, assuming that the Post Office have even heard of one so they can order it from TalkTalk in the first place.

I would expect if you ask anyone at the Post Office you will get a blank look followed by a yes, or a blank look followed by a no.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59997/15142kbps @ 600m. - BQM

Edited by RobertoS (Tue 10-Nov-15 22:02:12)

Standard User Michael_Chare
(experienced) Tue 10-Nov-15 23:27:07
Print Post

Re: Broadband and phone activation

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Thank you for the reply. I have spoken to them three times, the answers where no, yes and then no. I keep asking them what logon id and password the modem will use to establish the ADSL connection (if any). Unfortunately the staff keep confusing this question with the Wifi security details, so I get told the information is printed on the bottom of the router.

Michael Chare

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to