General Discussion
  >> BTwholesale DSL Implementation

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User CecilWard
(newbie) Mon 23-Nov-15 07:34:33
Print Post

Metallic path upgrade

[link to this post]

Is there a way that BTOR might have done some physical improvement work on my line in terms of electrical and physical parameters that would improve DSL signal quality?

Two of my three lines have suddenly increased downstream sync rate, so that the overall combination of the three has gone up from about 5.3 - 5.5 Mbps downstream to ~6 Mbps.

If this is real - and not just some aberration, weather, RFI, or who knows what - and it is down to some physical improvement BTOR has carried out, how might this have been achieved? I suspect there are a lot of answers
Standard User Ribble
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 23-Nov-15 07:53:44
Print Post

Re: Metallic path upgrade

[re: CecilWard] [link to this post]

Maybe a neighbour turned off something creating electrical noise, or an Openreach tech remade a cable joint, or the cold snap has reduced the line loss!!
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 23-Nov-15 13:54:56
Print Post

Re: Metallic path upgrade

[re: CecilWard] [link to this post]

As the increase is so relatively small i.e. around 0.5 Mbps across the lines i.e. just 250 Kbps per line then most likely to be a noise environment change rather than anything else

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to