General Discussion
  >> BTwholesale DSL Implementation

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User krustykrab
(newbie) Thu 14-Jan-16 20:41:50
Print Post

Incorrect address in Openreach database

[link to this post]

What is the best way to get a address corrected in the Openreach database, My property is still down in the database as the original plot number when the premises was first constructed 18 years ago instead of the correct postal number.
I believe this is going to make it quite difficult to change suppliers (currently with SKY)
There does not apear to be any way to contact Openreach about this and I do not believe SKY would show much interest.

Thanks
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 14-Jan-16 22:57:20
Print Post

Re: Incorrect address in Openreach database

[re: krustykrab] [link to this post]

Ideally your existing or new provider should take it up, since the work involved in chasing is what you pay them for.

If you have an active telephone line already then it should not be a problem anyway

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User uno
(knowledge is power) Fri 15-Jan-16 00:58:30
Print Post

Are you looking at the addresses on the BT wholesale checker which shows the plot instead of the actual known address?

Matt

uno Communications
t: 0800 520 0345
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Sheffield Speedtest.net Host

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User rcranswick
(member) Fri 15-Jan-16 07:20:14
Print Post

As MrSaffron says, your current provider should be able to sort this out. Ask them to send an address amendment request to the ORDI Team (Openreach Data Integrity). However, I suspect the frontline advisors may not know what this is so you somehow need to have the request sent to their Provisioning/Implementation people.

These are my own personal views and do not reflect those of O2
Standard User iannewson
(newbie) Fri 15-Jan-16 13:40:48
Print Post

Ive got exactly the same problem. My farther renumbered our house some time ago from 28A to 30 due to next door being demolished. We have our phone through SSE and ADSL through plusnet. When looking into upgrading online it doesnt show our current house number

In reply to a post by krustykrab:
What is the best way to get a address corrected in the Openreach database, My property is still down in the database as the original plot number when the premises was first constructed 18 years ago instead of the correct postal number.
I believe this is going to make it quite difficult to change suppliers (currently with SKY)
There does not apear to be any way to contact Openreach about this and I do not believe SKY would show much interest.

Thanks
Standard User krustykrab
(newbie) Fri 15-Jan-16 14:41:04
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by uno:
Are you looking at the addresses on the BT wholesale checker which shows the plot instead of the actual known address?

Matt

Yes that is correct it will only work if I put in Plot 5 which is the original plot number when the house was built 18 years ago.

In reply to a post by rcranswick:
As MrSaffron says, your current provider should be able to sort this out. Ask them to send an address amendment request to the ORDI Team (Openreach Data Integrity). However, I suspect the frontline advisors may not know what this is so you somehow need to have the request sent to their Provisioning/Implementation people.

Looks like I will have to give them a try but I can not see SKY showing much interest if the line is working correctly especially when I only want to get this sorted in order for a smooth transition to another supplier.
Is there no way of contacting Openreach directly.
Standard User uno
(knowledge is power) Fri 15-Jan-16 17:48:29
Print Post

The current provider are the best bet to get this sorted quicker than a new provider who will have trouble matching your address on a new order.

Another poster has given the steps to take already so would recommend pushing Sky on that, even if you're leaving, they are still your existing provider and you're still paying them smile

Matt

uno Communications
t: 0800 520 0345
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Sheffield Speedtest.net Host
Standard User krustykrab
(newbie) Mon 18-Jan-16 15:50:06
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

Just contacted SKY, did not seem to be to much trouble getting them to correct it, a lot more straightforward than I thought it would be.
Just got to wait now to see if the correction gets applied.
Standard User rcranswick
(member) Mon 18-Jan-16 19:20:30
Print Post

[re: iannewson] [link to this post]

As long as your house number exists on Royal Mail, your landline provider should be able to request the amendment.

These are my own personal views and do not reflect those of O2

Edited by rcranswick (Mon 18-Jan-16 19:21:03)

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 18-Jul-16 17:59:23
Print Post

Read My What a Disgrace BT post added today........I feel your pain.?
  Print Thread

Jump to