General Discussion
  >> BTwholesale DSL Implementation

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User peterh0001
(newbie) Sat 09-Apr-16 12:25:13
Print Post

Sync speed Issue ??

[link to this post]

About 6 months ago BT upgraded my local exchange to improve the speed (MaxADSL ??) and my sync speed went from 7616 Kbps to 20535 Kbps with an improved IP Profile of around 18 Mbps.

Recently I've had a noisy line and got BT out to check it out but insufficiently noisy when they visited. They did fit a new (MK3 Master Socket) and then left. Over the last couple of weeks I've only been able to sync at 14336 and my IP profile is down to 12.65 Mbps. Line has been stable for 7 days now and I cannot work out why my sync speed/IP profile is still so low. SNR Margin (Up/Down) is 7.4/11.6 and Line attenuation 7.4/18.3 which I think is similar to when it ran at 20535.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Peter
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 09-Apr-16 12:40:40
Print Post

Re: Sync speed Issue ??

[re: peterh0001] [link to this post]

Because they haven't fixed the fault. Ring your broadband service provider and have them raise a fault. Don't mention the previous noise issue.

Standard User peterh0001
(newbie) Sat 09-Apr-16 14:47:59
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Zarjaz

Thanks for your quick response. I'm not sure where the fault lies and hence where to point BT, do you agree that the stats are good enough for a faster sync speed or are the margins too narrow ??

Thanks

Peter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 09-Apr-16 14:50:22
Print Post

[re: peterh0001] [link to this post]

Plenty of spare noise margin so a remote DLM reset and letting the line and DLM fight it out might just resolve the issue and give you back the missing speed

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to