General Discussion
  >> BTwholesale DSL Implementation

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 18-Jul-16 17:57:58
Print Post

BT...What a Disgrace?

[link to this post]

Long post this but i thought it worth mentioning to others who may or may not have felt the utter incompetence that BT is and it seems to be getting worse.

My story is regarding my mother and the rural connection she has had to put up with for the past 5 years,i meg is the fastest and after a long long wait Fibre has come to her village which is just outside of Builth wells that has been enabled for sometime.

Not only has she got Fibre she has FFTP which given her poor connections woes is a blessing in disguise.

Now my Mother is in here 70s and she doesn't require speeds of 330mb per second but 76mbps on the infinity 2 service is perfect for her.

So 5 weeks ago i orders this product and that took me 70 minutes to get through to the department that dealt with Fibre to the Premises,Indian call centre several occasions and repeating myself over and over,listening to music for the best part of 1 hour been thrown back and forward trying desperately to order this product.

Eventually was put through to a guy who dealt with FTTP orders and was given a activation date of the 19th July which is tomorrow.

Was told that a week before we would have people doing outside work bringing a fibre optic cable to the premises,then on the day of activation a BT engineer who required access to the house to do what he needs to do.

Today my Mother rang me to say that she approached Open Reach who were outside her house,she said have you come to put a line into my house and they replied no but we have come to put one in your next door neighbours and we don't have any record of your order,by the way the neighbour orders this product that my mother told her about 2 weeks after i placed this FTTP order.

She was also told that she would receive her hub a day before the engineer visit and the line went active,this happened and she received the equipment this morning.

So after hearing this i spent close on 2 hours trying to get to the bottom of this and going around in circles trying to get to the department who understood this issue and what they were going to do about it.

Eventually after numerous passes around and talking to about 8 different people and listening to music for well over another hour i was put through to a guy that sort of understood the problem and was from the department i required for FTTP.

Was told the order was open but it had not been processed,there conclusion was the Post Code that they had on record that my Mother and myself have amended countless times when calling BT over the years,originally when the 4 house were built it was allocated a post code,this changed about 6 months later and my Mother told BT on countless occasions,they today said they had the wrong last letter and when BT Openreach looked at this they could not find my Mothers address and pointed out the post code was some caravan park,which i said was about 10 mtrs from my Mothers address,he said this is why the order has failed and they need to amend the post code error,something that we have told them on countless occasions and they have told us its been amended which it obviously hasn't ,i said how come the mail arrives to the correct address,how come the new Fibre Hub arrived this morning,Oh he explained its ok if its the Post office it will come up with a address,but Openreach this doesn't happen thats why the order has failed.

So you would think common sense would kick in here given Open reach have a instruction to put a fibre cable to a premises,sorry but isn't the obvious thing to do is ring the phone line in question were you are doing the job to clarify you have the correct post code.

So now after 5 weeks of waiting my mother has received a email this afternoon saying that her new visit for her fibre optic line is now August 2nd.

The stress that BT cause is of the scale and the frustration is just to bad to imagine.this is not the first time i have had problems with BT and it won't be the last,for a suppose Communication Company they are a disgrace.

You try getting hold of a supervisor/manager or someone that is going to help you and ease the burden.

Im at my wits end and its been another waste of 2 hours of my life...
Standard User michaelkenward
(regular) Tue 19-Jul-16 10:56:12
Print Post

Re: BT...What a Disgrace?

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

This saga comes too late for the latest House of Commons Select Committee report on BT.

Establishing world-class connectivity

In your case, you might also find it useful to throw your issue at the BT Forum. It can take its time to rise up the list, but eventually it lands on the desk of someone who can pursue the issue to the bitter end.

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 19-Jul-16 15:31:40
Print Post

[re: michaelkenward] [link to this post]

Copied and pasted in the BT forums cheers mate for the advice.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User michaelkenward
(regular) Tue 19-Jul-16 16:11:28
Print Post

Hope it works out. I have found that system to work pretty well.

Good luck, you may need it.

I am upset with BT. It changed all the broadband contracts after I placed my order and before they connected me.

I went for the faster service on my office line, only to have them increase the speed on my slower, home line by 50%, effectively making it unnecessary to "go fast".

They also added more cloud space, but a lack of communication between sales and support meant that it took a month for anything to happen.

BT is a complete shower. Then again, TalkTalk makes BT look like a bunch of geniuses.

Standard User fiddler
(member) Sat 22-Jul-17 21:47:38
Print Post

You have my sympathies - it took about 7 weeks to sort out a postcode database error before I could order.

Caerwnon or Caer Beris?

Regards,

Rob
Standard User karvala
(committed) Sat 22-Jul-17 22:46:21
Print Post

[re: fiddler] [link to this post]

Thank you for reminding me why BT are on my blacklist of never-touch companies. I inherited them when I bought my present house, and getting rid of them was like getting rid of a nasty, persistent infection; I had to threaten them with legal action to finally rid myself of them for good and get compensation while I was at it. One of the absolute worst companies to deal with, who just hide behind a wall of call centres, deliberate incompetence and pass the buck tactics. Basically, they just try to wear people down so they won't complain and will just accept the status quo, whatever it is.

-----
IDNet Home Max laugh
Athlon 64 3000, 1024MB*PC3200, 1*200GB + 1*160GB + 1*40GB, 256MB Geforce 6800GT, WinXP Pro
P4 1.7GHz, 512MB*PC133, 1*160GB + 1*80GB, 128MB Radeon 9700, WinXP Home + WinME + Red Hat Linux 7.2
PIII 750MHz, 256MB*PC100, 1*40GB, 32MB TNT2, WinME
PII 350MHz, 128*PC100, 1*12.7GB + 1*40GB, 16MB TNT, Win98
Standard User woodmass14
(member) Sat 22-Jul-17 22:54:06
Print Post

Those guys in the BT forum have saved my internet more than i care to admit, they do try all they can and do it better than a call centre would.

When i was with BT that's the first place i'd visit if a problem occurred.

Though, your issue is a little different than my own were. But i'm sure they'll give you solid advice.

Michael.
  Print Thread

Jump to