General Discussion
  >> BTwholesale DSL Implementation

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Ikoth
(newbie) Fri 07-Oct-16 13:10:15
Print Post

Domestic Bonded ADSL?

[link to this post]

Hi all,

I'm an existing Infinity 2 customer who will shortly be moving house to a property that is still only "In Scope" for FttP. Obviously, I can't get any sensible availability information out of BT, so I'm researching alternatives - I work from home and need good, reliable 'net speed.

Does anyone know of a service provider that offers bonded DLS products to domestic customers? I've called the general BT enquiries number a few times, but once I ask them to deviate from their standard script, I may as well be talking to myself.

Cheers,

I.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 07-Oct-16 13:31:04
Print Post

Re: Domestic Bonded ADSL?

[re: Ikoth] [link to this post]

Andrews & Arnold.

A lot varies depending on if you want bonded, or load balancing e.g. TP Link balancing router for £75 means you can balance connections from multiple providers and technologies, but no one download will go faster than the connection it comes across - so useful for sharing several connections in a house.

Bonding will give you real single download speed improvements, but needs kit at both ends of the connection, hence higher costs. Andrews & Arnold use a Firebrick solution.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Ikoth
(newbie) Fri 07-Oct-16 13:43:41
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Much obliged!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 23Prince
(member) Fri 07-Oct-16 15:05:25
Print Post

I had that router that Andrew has linked. It's good and on speed tests I could get both together using Round Robin mode.

Just one thing to make you aware of - it's designed to go in a rack is it's the size of a laptop. When I got mine I thought it was normal router size. I was shocked and surprised

The only thing I will say which will go against some of the reviews on that page is that mine had the ability to do it's own connections so I didn't need any extra equipment.

Also please use this example as a guide as to what is out there - the one linked does NOT do PPPoA which is required for ADSL. Others in the range do.

This one also has Australian Service provider pre configuration options, which is odd for the UK

Edited by 23Prince (Fri 07-Oct-16 15:11:35)

Standard User huwwatkins
(committed) Tue 25-Oct-16 12:46:58
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

AA wont offer anything if you can only get 20CN.

I spoke to a company called Evolving Networks that say they can bond ADSL but I think its some variant on VPN bonding.
Standard User craski
(member) Tue 25-Oct-16 15:43:59
Print Post

Have a read up on http://sharedband.com too.
I did consider them but ultimately decided against it as I found a better solution to my problem.

Zen Unlimited Fibre Office BQM
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Wed 26-Oct-16 10:26:25
Print Post

Does the exchange have TalkTalk LLU? If so I think A&A would still be an option using TalkTalk Wholesale.

jelv

Plusnet November 2001 to October 2016
Telephone rental: Pulse8
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Wed 26-Oct-16 10:59:09
Print Post

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

Yes it does
  Print Thread

Jump to